A friend and I stayed here for a weekend at the beginning of June for a friend's wedding. We arrived late on Friday night after being caught in a large traffic jam on the M4 following an accident. Upon arrival, the receptionist was very friendly and mentioned that she had been expecting to wait around until we showed up as she had heard of the big accident on the motorway. She was very helpful and showed us to our room.
We had a twin room on the ground floor not too far away from the reception area and the room was lovely. We had two single beds, a wardrobe, dressing table, chair and TV. The room was very spacious and so was the bathroom. We were very comfortable there. They even had toiletries in the bathroom. Couldn't see a hair dryer though although i luckily didn't need one.
Next to the Inn was a pub which served the breakfast. Wonderful choices; full english, mini english, croissants, toasts, orange juice, tea, coffee, etc. The weekend we stayed happened to be a wonderfully sunny one so we used their outdoor seating area to eat breakfast. The view from their outdoor area is amazing on a clear day, we could see the sea and the wonderful green land - it had a real holiday feel! The coast is about 20-30 minute walk from the Kings Head Inn, better if you have a car to drive down there.
The wedding couple held a function on the Friday night at the pub, gave them a function room with some traditional Welsh dishes. It was a great way to see the couple and meet people who would be at the wedding in a relaxed environment. Great food too.
The location of the hotel is in the middle of nowhere (for us London folk!) and is quite a long drive to get to, however, it is wonderfully peaceful and beautiful. If it's easy for you to get to, I would recommend this hotel as we had a great stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kings Head is A four-star Country Inn with 27 rooms. All of our rooms are of a very high standard, with ensuite facilities and underfloor heating. Our rooms offer a host of features which we hope will make your stay most relaxing. The Kings Head was rated in the top ten summer pubs in Britain by the Sunday Times Magazine, 2006. & recommended in Which holiday magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your King's Head Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King`s Head Hotel Llangennith
- King's Head Inn Llangennith, Swansea County