Last visited in August 2012 and we had no hesitation in returning, with our two dogs, for another two nights albeit in an only available "deluxe" king size room. Check in was smooth however, having requested a DVD player (due to the very poor weather forecast we had bought some DVDs to watch) and been told it would be arranged, this never arrived.
The rooms are all very nice albeit the only difference we could discern this time, from our previous stay in a quality double, was a bigger bed. The pub is great and really made by the super friendly bar staff. Not quite as dog friendly now as previously they were allowed in the lounge but now just in the bar area. What is it about the UK and dogs? Traveled all across France, Holland, Belgium and Germany with our two last year and they could go in absolutely anywhere.
We had lunch and evening meals twice in the bar and all were very nice. Excellent choice of beers. Breakfast is very good too although someone thought it would be a bright idea to get the decorators to varnish the bar area at breakfast time. The smell made eating in the bar impossible - and freezing cold as they had to open all the doors to let the vapours out.
The Gower is stunning and the locals are all, without exception, most welcoming and friendly. Drive down to the Rhossili beach as it's a long walk down the narrow road. A stunning beach walk to the nearby Worms Head but a steep climb to the Worm's Head Hotel. It looks a nice pub - but we saw it only from the outside as dogs are not allowed inside. Really...
So a mixed review. We would recommend the kings Head bar and we would definitely return for a meal. Would we stay over again in the accommodation - I am not quite so sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kings Head is A four-star Country Inn with 27 rooms. All of our rooms are of a very high standard, with ensuite facilities and underfloor heating. Our rooms offer a host of features which we hope will make your stay most relaxing. The Kings Head was rated in the top ten summer pubs in Britain by the Sunday Times Magazine, 2006. & recommended in Which holiday magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your King's Head Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King`s Head Hotel Llangennith
- King's Head Inn Llangennith, Swansea County