We loved the Kings Head! It's location in a quaint village 5 minutes drive from the beautiful surfing beach was ideal.
The food in the pub restaurant was excellent and very plentiful (especially the local Fish & chips). It is worth booking a table at the weekends as the pub can get busy. The breakfast is also well worth getting up for and sets you up for the day.
Our room (no.23) on the first floor had a great view over the countryside to the sea which was handy for checking the surf.
The 4 star rating is well deserved for the rooms which are very spacious and tastefully decorated. We found that the wi-fi worked OK in our room but it is true that phone signal is not great in the pub but that was not a problem as we wanted to get away from it all.
We would not hesitate to stay at The Kings Head next time we visit the Gower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kings Head is A four-star Country Inn with 27 rooms. All of our rooms are of a very high standard, with ensuite facilities and underfloor heating. Our rooms offer a host of features which we hope will make your stay most relaxing. The Kings Head was rated in the top ten summer pubs in Britain by the Sunday Times Magazine, 2006. & recommended in Which holiday magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your King's Head Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King`s Head Hotel Llangennith
- King's Head Inn Llangennith, Swansea County