Whilst it is a nice resort with well tended gardens and the villas are spacious and well equipped, no one seems to have mentioned the fact that the pool area is far too small for the resort. In the week we stayed, not once were we able to find a sun bed around the pool. Even if you got up early enough to find one, you'd be sitting inches from someone else. The outside bar area only consists of a few tables (again too small seeing as there are extensive grounds) and there is little distinction between that and the outside restaurant area. However if you sit at the wrong table they won't serve the lunch menu; our experience of this was not finding a helpful member of staff to find us a restaurant table but to say tough - bar snacks or nothing. There is another bar by the tennis courts at the other end of the resort but only open for limited periods.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1986 the club enjoys a privileged location, nestling within the pine forest and golfing greens of Quinta do Lago, which is renowned as Europe’s most upmarket residential and leisure resort. The 1800-acres of the Quinta do Lago estate are partly embraced by the Ria Formosa Natural Park, a protected nature reserve of world importance. The park is the habitat for a wide range of resident and migratory birds, some a threatened species, and other rare flora and fauna.The master plan of Quinta do Lago allows for an environmentally friendly balance between residential construction and green space, so helping to preserve one of the largest pine forests in Europe. The resort is flanked to the south by the eco rich estuary and sand dunes of the nature reserve and this is crossed by a wooden bridge that leads to a vast, sandy, unspoiled beach stretching for several kilometres just a few minutes from Four Seasons Country Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Four Seasons Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Country Club
- Four Seasons Country Club Hotel Quinta Do Lago
- Four Seasons Country Club Quinta Do Lago, Portugal - Algarve