Monte da Quinta Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Martinhal Quinta(Quinta do Lago)
View Hotel
Four Seasons Fairways(Quinta do Lago)
  • Pool
Encosta do Lago(Almancil)
View Hotel
Quinta Do Lago Hotel(Quinta do Lago)
  • Breakfast included
Conrad Algarve(Almancil)
View Hotel
All reviewskids clubbed suitemonte dapool areasunrise suitesmall kitchenstar hotelpeacock barthe underground car parkfabulous hotelreception teampoached eggsground floorpublic areashired a carsmall shopsitting room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very relaxing holiday with lots of activities for kids. The suites are spacious and roomy with great air-con and loads of UK TV stations for adults and kids. The pool area is relaxed and charming and the kids club excellent. Big thanks to Miguel, Gonzalaz, Patricia and the ladies in the kids club for going massively beyond the call of duty to entertain and amaze my son Jack who is 4.

Great holiday, definitely recommend it.

1  Thank Ian C
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed for 11 nights with my husband and our 3 children in a Sunrise suite. The rooms are fantastic - modern, spacious and spotlessly clean. The pool area is very relaxing and attractive. Our children loved the kids club. The staff are very committed and enthusiastic and our children were very happy to go. The nightly disco and kids movie were a real highlight - Miguel and Patricia were particularly great. The adult entertainment was fine. The spa is beautiful, relaxing and very quiet - I never saw a single person in there. The enigmatic Gonzalo gave some excellent fit ball classes.
Now for the niggles. The beds are ridiculously uncomfortable - we did ask for a mattress topper but it never came. The pillows are also cheap and useless. Come on Management - how many reviews on here have to tell you the beds are awful to get you to change them? The card payment system is irritating, slow and not worthy of a five star hotel. The buffet is expensive for kids - 15 euros for a 2 year old who is going to eat a few nuggets and chips. The team are trying hard but the food is confused and variable. The meat or fish is cooked in front of you by the chef and was always excellent. However, the vegetable choices were pitiful - soggy chips every night. Breakfast was always excellent, but more staff needed to get the service quicker. The pool bar could be fantastic but again the food is confused and badly described on the menu. The staff don't understand the menu and we didn't manage a single meal without something going wrong. The kids club is lovely but if you want to put a child in for an hour or so and they are under 4, you have to book a private babysitter and pay a whopping 17 euros per hour. The price is eye watering but the real issue is that you have to book 24 hours in advance. Who plans their holiday like that? I think they should have a couple of babysitters on standby and perhaps relax it to 2 children per babysitter so you can get better value and more flexibility. Monte da Quinta has the potential to be a fabulous hotel. It needs management to get it sorted and lead their excellent staff to make it the hotel is deserves to be.

2  Thank PoppyAug73
Reviewed 25 July 2014

After arriving on the 19th of July we managed to check in straight away the staff at reception were welcoming and very informative of the services we could use. Unfortunately after a lovely evening out on my first night in Portugal I fell over and thought I had sprained my ankle. Slepted it off and in the morning I needed to call a doctor reception did all the organising of this and even pushed me on a luggage trolly to the main entrance to get a taxi . After a long 5 hours in the hospital I returned with a broken ankle a cast and some cruches :( we then descided it would be good to hire a weel chair the concierge was brilliant as managed to get me one the next day . I returned to find a bottle of champagne in my room with a lovely message from the staff at monte do Quinta . Because I was returning home to engalnd on my own Emma (one of the managers I think ) took all my flight details and arranged me special assistance for my return home along with pushing me from the pool to my room and helping me with my luggage to check out (even though her shift finished at 7 and my taxi wasn't arriving untill half 7) overall my experience in this hotel has been incredible and the staff are a credit to this hotel I highly recommend anyone to stay here !!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Elenaclifford
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I agree with reviewer who didn't know what to make of it. The rooms/decor was nice, modern and clean and we had no complaints about the room cleaning. The layout is compact which was great with a 3 year old and a 1 year old. The grounds were well kept. Overall it was definitely under staffed but all were trying their best particularly the pool staff who had too much to deal with. Pool area excellent for parents with young children but there was definitely a problem with lack of sun beds which encouraged the early leaving of towels on beds. Breakfast was excellent but otherwise the food in the restaurant was unimaginative and repetitive as was the children's menu. A car was needed or you would be endlessly taking taxis to eat out and and there wasn't even a basic supplies shop in the resort
The kids club looked promising but turned out (as many parents agreed) to be very expensive. It was 17 euros per child per hour so if you have 2 children under the age of 4 (when it becomes free) then it would be cheaper to bring a nanny. The play area was small and you could not take your child in to play during crèche hours and supervise them yourself. This gave the impression that it was a purely commercial facility rather than a hotel facility. However the staff all seemed pleasant. Therefore again I would agree with the reviewer who said that there was little for 2/3 year olds to do apart from swim.
I would agree that some printed information in the room re facilities etc should be available. Generally the girls on reception were helpful but one man I came across could do with customer service training!
On the positive side one of the girls did organise a good Dr at very short notice the night before we left as 3 year old was ill and we were worried about getting him on the flight. They also sent housekeeping to change sheets etc very speedily after he was sick.
The suites on the pool side of the garden appear quieter than those on the restaurant/bar side. I noticed that some dark green MQ towels started appearing on sun beds which were not our regulation beige ones issued and was wondering if guests not staying in the suites were being allowed to use the pool
Hopefully as other reviewers have said, they will use all these comments to make improvements.

Room Tip: Ground floor Sunrise pool side not restaurant side...numbers approx 35-45
3  Thank Gillian C
ILONGUEIRO, Marketing and Sales Department at Monte da Quinta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Mr. Gillian C.,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your stay, guest comments are of great importance to us as it is a great way to improve our services.
Regarding the sunbeds please note that there is a second pool in the Club House and the sunbeds are divided amongst both pools in order to disperse crowding as the space around the pool is limited and so that we can offer alternatives to our guests, also we have ordered more sunbeds which should be arriving in the next week. The green towels you have mentioned belongs to our villa guests and as we are a resort there is no restriction on villa guests using the hotel pool as hotel guests are also welcome to use the club house pool.

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our food offering nonetheless we would like to let you know that our buffet menu has a 14 day cycle and we have introduced themed nights every Tuesday and Saturday such as Portuguese Night and BBQ night. Also, 2 weeks ago we have completely revamped our menu which we are sure you will find to your liking on your next visit.

The Kids Club is free for children as of 4 years old, as we believe children under 4 need more attentive supervision as well for insurance purposes we need to have one adult per child. We of course encourage parents to spend quality time with their children and thus we always welcome parents during play hours - I believe this might just have been a case of misunderstanding which we deeply apologize for. Our outside playground area for the kids is 300 sqm and the indoor space consists of 95 sqm, we are sorry if you found this insufficient.

We take all our guests comments into high consideration, and we assure you that improvements are being made on a daily basis according to our client reviews. We hope to welcome you back to our resort in order to convince you of the continouis improvements we are doing within the whole resort.
We hope to welcome you again in the near future,

Kind Regards,

Inês Longueiro
Marketing and Sales Department

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Reviewed this hotel in May 2013 after a wonderful family holiday and went back in May 2014. The hotel has changed hands and so has the customer service. The old staff who were there last year are still amazing BUT for a 5 star hotel the service provided by management is zero star! Had a serious issue with our room (won't bore you) which was not dealt with properly by management during our stay or after returning home. There seem to be a lot of negative reviews about room cleaning, service etc and the same condescending replies from management on Tripadvisor as you get first hand - would not recommend this hotel to anyone but particularly not to someone with small children. What a pity to see a perfectly run hotel change hands and deteriorate so much - well done to the old staff who have stuck with the hotel and they are the only positive.

Room Tip: Don't bother asking for a particular room as like many reviewers we were not accommodated with our room request either even though we booked 6 months in advance
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family