This is a lovely place. The suites are amazing and fantastic value for money if you travel at the right time.
The October weather was perfect - we sunbathed from 10 until 4 every day in unbroken sunshine with temps in the low 70s, but no sunburn and no humidity.
The service was faultless and the included buffet breakfast was of a very high standard.
Sunbeds were great - plenty of them, and free smart green towels from the spa.
The kids club was excellent but far too expensive to consider once we had used our free sessions up. For two children for four hours would have cost us £60. Just not worth it, however much they enjoyed it.
Lunch was of a good standard but not cheap and dinner was very expensive but lovely. We ate out most of the time and lunched in the suite.
A car is essential - the basement garage is a bit scary though! Very tight turns so be careful!
My only substantial criticism is that the pool is not heated at all and it is icy, icy cold. Too cold for my children to be in for any length of time and this did diminish their enjoyment of the holiday considerably. The staff argue that during very hot weather a heated pool is not necessary but personally I would NEVER like to swim in an unheated pool.
Several times we walked five minutes down to the Monte Da Quinta Club where there is another lovely outdoor pool (again unheated) but also a heated indoor pool with outside sun terrace which was much better for the children to actually swim in rather than just splash around. Unfortunately as we were off season the pool bar etc was closed down there so we did base ourselves round the pool at the suites primarily.
For the unheated pool I am taking away a star from an otherwise absolute winner of a five star holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Quinta do Lago, a golf resort inside the Ria Formosa Natural Park, Monte da Quinta is a five-star All Suites Hotel, offering Luxurious suites, swimming pools, restaurants, bars, gym, spa and meeting rooms. Nearby leisure, golf, tennis, horse riding, water sports, and bird watching. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Prestigia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Monte da Quinta Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Da Quinta Club Hotel Quinta Do Lago
- Monte Da Quinta Hotel
- Monte Da Quinta Resort Quinta Do Lago, Portugal - Algarve