“Great golfing and relaxation holiday”

Four Seasons Fairways
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Quinta do Lago
Ramsey, United Kingdom
“Great golfing and relaxation holiday”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Lovely villa, great facilities in villa and by the pool. Golf reception excellent at booking tee times at short notice. Staff in club area very friendly and spa and fitness area staff were very knowledgable and I would recommend a session with the personal fitness trainer.

Room Tip: We stayed in villa 18 -3bed, 3bathroom and pool. Plenty of room and well kitted out with juicers, co...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gizmogran
Jorge O, General Manager at Four Seasons Fairways, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your review.
Very pleased to know that our villas and general facilities have met your expectations . Your comments on our staff are greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Kind regards
Jorge Oliveira

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have been going to FSF for nearly 10 Years and in 2013 I was very ill with stress and depression. My wife convinced me to use our October weeks to get a break, after many sleepless nights I can honestly say that FSF got me back on track and was better than the doctor ordered. It is a wonderful place and a home from home, I love it. Try it you will not be disappointed, the level of service is first class and the food excellent, add to that the weather and your batteries will be recharged for the grey UK.

Room Tip: All the villas and apartments are first class and offer a home from home experience, the site is cle...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CRF2014
Jorge O, General Manager at Four Seasons Fairways, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Member,

I am sorry to hear that you have been ill, and I sincerely hope that all your health problems are now completely over.
It is very rewarding to know that Fairways contributed to put you back on track!

Thank you for your review and for recommending Fairways, we all look forward to welcome you back.

All our best wishes,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Today I checked in at Four Seasons Fairways. I booked 2 weeks using my marriott weeks through interval exchange. I was quite excited about staying here as the reviews were excellent. So far, my experience isnt that great. The villa is large and spacious but that is as far as it goes. As a marriott member, I am used to luxury and there is certainly no luxury here. My villa is stuffy and one of the bedrooms still have this lingering smell although I aired the place for a long time. The cooker knops missing, jacuzzi doesnt work, bath taps fall off as soon as you attempt to turn, no bedside clock or phone in bedrooms, tiny tv in the master bedroom, kitchen units, carpets, furniture are worn and terrible. Cleaning isnt that great either. then at check in I am given this warning about what to do and not to do in your villa. The little shop is sparse and expensive, clubhouse prices not cheap either. I am dreading the two weeks here. I will speak to the manager in the morning about smelly room as receptionist didnt think it was a problem also the broken tap. The guy came to look at the cooker knop and says he cant fix it tonight but will do so in the morning. This villa certainly doesnot live up to a Marriott member expectation and for that reason I rate it a low 2. I am extremely disappointed and regreting exchanging my two precious Marriott weeks for this old rundown place.
My apologise to those who think Four Seasons Fairway is so wonderful and have been coming back for donkey years, but to each his own-I certainly wont.

Room Tip: none springs to mind
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank preciousbrown37
Dear customer,

I am sorry, and very surprised, to hear your disappointment with your stay at Fairways.
At Fairways we highly value the feedback from all our members and costumers.
You have mentioned in your review, that you would contact me in the morning. You haven't done so yet, so I will be waiting for your contact, as I would like to have the opportunity to speak with you, while you are staying with us.

Standards are very important to us, as I said I am surprised to hear some of the comments, like the cooker knobs missing, Jacuzzi not working or loose bath taps.
All villas are inspected by our maintenance team and housekeeper before arrivals, and it is difficult to me to accept that something obvious was not detected.
If this is the case, although hard to believe, it is unacceptable to me and certainly don't meet our standards, as largely recognized by the previous trip advisor reviews.

We do keep all maintenance records reported by our guests, I had a close look on our system over the last few days, and I do not find any record reporting a problem with a Jacuzzi, missing knobs or loose taps.

I will be eagerly waiting for your contact and I look forward to meeting you.

Best regards
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Just returned from two weeks at four seasons fairways. We are owners there, look forward to our stay each year and never want to go home. We have been owners for 17years and have loved every minute. Our grandchildren used the fun club for the first time, Lydia is a darling, they looked forward to seeing her each day. Congratulations to the general manager Jorge and all his wonderful staff each and every one is a credit to you and your dedication to the resort. Thank you. Can't wait to go back again next year.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Jorge O, General Manager at Four Seasons Fairways, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Member,

Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted to hear that Lidia took good care of your grandchildren. Now you know that the Funclub is available all year around, just call Lidia, and she will do the rest.
Your comments on the staff are much appreciated, they are indeed a great credit to the resort.

We all look forward to welcome you back.

My best wishes,
london
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed here with friends for a short break and I cannot fault it. Nothing was ever too much trouble for the staff, the food was amazing, great facilities. If only I could score it higher than 10/10. I'll be sure to return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jackflashuk
Jorge O, General Manager at Four Seasons Fairways, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Costumer,

Thank you for your nice review, much appreciated, and I am really pleased to know that you and your friends had a good short break at Fairways.

Muito obrigado! for staying with us, and see you soon.

Best wishes,
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This was our first visit, and it was very nice indeed. It was too cold to use the pool, but most of the time it was warm enough to sit on the terrace at night. The villa was clean, spacious and well appointed. The master bedroom had a full en suite with whirlpool bath, TV and door onto a private courtyard. There was another double bedroom with en suite shower, bidet, WC etc. There was a separate shower room and WC. The biggest bedroom had two single beds but no en suite. It had doors onto the terrace. The decor of this room, out of character with the rest of the villa, was somewhat dull and sombre. There was efficient heating for cool days. The kitchen and laundry were well equipped with good quality appliances - the only quibble was there were no containers for storing opened food in the fridges, nor were there any basins or bowls for cooking. Internet access was patchy. Out on the terrace it was non existent, and indoors it varied. The staff were pleasant, nothing was too much trouble, and the whole atmosphere was welcoming.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank MadameSerpent
Dear Costumer,

Thank you very much for your review, and for your honest opinion.
Pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, your comments on the staff are much appreciated.

We look forward to have you back in the near future, hopefully with warmer weather, to be able to use the outdoor private pool.

Kindest regards
Jorge OLiveira
Menai Bridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2014

the last few years we have been giving the restaurant team a full work out !! we love Portuguese food the more rustic and unusual the better! we travel around the Algarve in our quest for food :)
imagine my surprise when one evening i was chatting to one of the team and mentioned how much i enjoyed the local quisine !! they said ( why don't you try us ) To that end we did And thank goodness we did we have had some fantastic meals specially prepared for us and once again we are taking a guest to dine with us tonight for a special treat, Even though i have have had stone bass baked in the oven for lunch :)
The new Saturday Portuguese evenings were a big surprise to us this year and i am not surprised is proving extremely successful (no surprise to us)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Member,

Thank you for sharing your nice experience with all trip advisor community.
Delighted to hear how much you enjoy Portuguese food, and even more delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the special dishes prepared by our team.
Although we don't have all Portuguese specialites in the menu, we can prepare any dish. Just ask the staff with 24h notice, and we will be more than pleased to recommend some of the Portuguese specialities.

We look forward to welcome you back, and hopefully to try some different tastes of Portugal!

Best wishes,
Vila Vita Parc Resort & Spa
Golden Beach by 3HB
Golden Beach by 3HB
#1 of 154 in Albufeira

Been to Four Seasons Fairways? Share your experiences!