See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed at Casa Antigua 3 nights. I arrived with the bus on the 6th night at 9:30 from Lisbon quite tired. There was no reception at all and the owner was busy working at his restaurant so I had to wait until he was free to "welcome" me.
The room was ok for me traveling alone and very clean. The bed was comfortable. A hairdryer is missing, I had to ask extra to the owner.
During the night at around 3:30 I woke up because in a house near the hotel people were having a party with loud music and talking very loudly. It all stopped at around 5:00 am. This happened all the 3 nights I spent there.
The breakfast was "essential" and an extra piece of good cake cost 3,00€.
The owner was always busy and lacked of the skill of treating his guests well, making them feel good.
Every time I tried to talk to him he was in a hurry and I felt embarrassed like I was disturbing him.
Price-quality is not good.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2016

No reception, upon arrival we had to call the owner, who had a restaurant next door as it turns out. Room fairly small, bed took up most of it. Light fitting only had one bulb (should have had four) so room was dark in the evening. Ensuite bathroom was tiny, no where to put anything and no water glasses/tumblers provided. Bin lid was broken too. Tiny shower whose doors did not close properly. The hot water took so long to reach the shower and taps I began to think there was not hot water! (well over 10 minutes, no exaggeration). The transom above the door had a curtain to block out the light, but every time anyone came into the hall below to go to their room you were woken up by the light in the hall being switched on. Two evening tapas bars nearby, so not very quiet for sleeping. Breakfast was all set out on individual tables, with no choice except what you were given. (four small chunks, not slices, of watermelon), two small yoghurts, two slices of bread etc. The owner definitely seemed more concerned about running his restaurant than his guests. We had booked to stay two nights but left after one, as so disappointed. One positive note, our room was clean. Odeceixe itself is small and very quiet. Everything closes from 3-6pm and there is nothing else to do there then. The surfers beach is 4 Km away and we could not park there as so popular with surfers. (We went to try and find a bar open between 3 and 6 in the afternoon for a cool drink). However, there is a good range of cafes/restaurants (when they are open in the evening). You definitely need a car here.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Me and my 2 friends stayed for 1 night at Casa Antiga.
We came late (around 9 pm), but the owner was waiting for us with the check in.
The room was very clean, modern, cosy, in a beautiful classic building, and gave us a comfortable feeling after long day of driving.
The breakfest that was served in the morning was rich, fresh and tasty.
The owner and the stuff r very nice and friendly people.
We will recommend our friends in israel to stay in this b&b.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

The website shows nice rooms. However, when we arrived we were transferred to Maria appartments across the road. Very noisey rooms smelling like mothballs! Can't keep a window open because of the mosquito's. Bathroom was not clean either

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

Casa Antiga is extremely disappointing: no sign, I had to make an international call in order to get the door open: small room almost entirely occupied by the bed!!! Only 1 night lamp, the bathroom huge but witout window and a general unbearable smell of mold in the whole room: disgusting! We got the room at the groundfloor, faceing the street: be aware that there are two night tapas bar in front and on the side of Casa Antiga, so close the window if you want to get some sleep, and get along with the smell of mold. In the bathroom no light on the mirror, just a lightbulb hanging on the wall. No breakfast available before 8.30 am: when I told the patron I wasn't going to get the breakfast as I had to catch the only bus available to Lagos at 6.30 am, he didn't offer any alternative: instead he made me pay a bottle of water 1.60€, simply outrageous. There is no internet, no wifi, there is nothing, and all this for 60€!!!!! The street is noisy in the evening/night, and so is the opening and closing of the front door, just a wake up call everytime someone gets in and gets out, a real nightmare!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends