Me and my husband stayed in this hotel from the 1st -7th june. On arrival we were offered a glass of chamagne as we booked in. We were given a room on the 5th floor overlooking the pool and seaview in the disatnce as i requested. The rooms are spacious and modern, but the matresses are very hard, resulting in a very stiff back in the mornings. The hotel throughout was beautifully decorated with excellent facilities.
The food in the main resturant is very good with plenty of choice. i didnt like the wine as much as other hotels ive stayed in as i found it too sweet. There is a choice of two other resturants which needed to be booked in advance, the asian and the grill, both very nice but unable to sit outside in these.
The pool area is luxurious with swim up bar which wasnt open but we still sat in the water sipping cocktails. There is entertainment provided during the day with various sporting and fun activites which didnt inpact on anyone wanting to relax. The evening enterainment area was always packed and difficult to get a seat so we often missed it but what we saw looked like fun, mainly provided by the animation team who worked very hard day and night. There is an indoor pool , jacuzzi , sauna , steam room and gym .
There is a choice of beautiful beaches nearby. Turning left out of the hotel takes you down to the beach past various bars and resturants. This area is lovely to sit and have a decent glass of wine in the evening . There are two other beaches nearby which are beautiful, one of which is near the pine cliffs sheraton resort with private sunloungers. we were told by the attendant that we could hire the beds for 150 euros each for the day, mmmm dont think so !! the same beds on another part the beach were 13 euros for two ???? from this beach you can walk to vilamoura.
We went to vilamoura one evening on the bus and had a drink in the marina . this was lovely and cost 15 euros in a taxi to get back. Alberfuria old town is also lovely, we looked round the shops and walked to montechoro along the beach and over the cliffs.
Overall we had a wonderful and relaxed holiday in a luxurious hotel with very attentive and efficient staff . we definately recommend this hotel for couples and families with children up to the age of about 14yrs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All Inclusive ClubHotel Riu Guarana is located in the southernmost province of Portugal, in the Algarve, near the Praia da Falesia beach. The beach is situated 15 minutes' walk from the hotel. The location is ideal due to its proximity to the next village Olhos d’Agua (500m) and Faro Airport (FAO) is approx. 35 km away. The hotel has 500 comfortably furnished rooms and offers many amenities. Relax with a massage at our Spa del Mar or get in shape at our gym. 2 outdoor pools, 1 children’s and indoor pool. For the youngest guests, there is the RiuLand Kids Club (for children from 4 to 7 years & 8 to 12 years old), RiuArt atelier and for adults, day and evening entertainment as well as discotheque. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main buffet as well as Asian and Grill cuisine, 3 bars situated in various areas of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), RIU Hotels and Resorts, Alpha Holidays Limited, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Stayforlong S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Guarana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Guarana Albufeira
- Clubhotel Riu Guarana Hotel Albufeira
- ClubHotel Riu Guarana Portugal/Algarve - Albufeira