I am having problems reviewing this hotel due to my reluctance always to stay All Inclusive but it was a last minute booking so here we go.... To be fair, the hotel is a good option if you like AI or have kids that constantly want want want. The rooms were modern, comfortable and with a good size balcony and a modern bathroom. There was BBC One and ITV on the TV which was a great treat whilst getting ready for a night out ! The rooms were carpeted and furnished to a good standard.
We e-mailed the hotel to request a high floor with sea view and they duly obliged - I guess that if you booked with an agency like Thomson's you'd be stuck with a room at the back. I went with my wife as a couple and by day 5 we had a bit of cabin fever and it always felt a bit like groundhog day as you eat all your meals at the same buffet restaurant. Don't get me wrong, the food was good especially breakfasts. We were able to eat outside on the patio every morning for breakfast, for every lunch and every night for dinner - this was great and we had good warm weather from 8th October for 5 days.
The pool are was tidy and well kept - no problem getting a sun bed in October, not sure about July / August. It was a great treat that you could pull your own beer and get your own coke ( 100% proper coke ) at a couple of service stations around the pool area.
Olhos de Agua is a great little spot with nice bars and restaurants by the beach. If you are travelling as a couple I would recommend self catering and eating out every night - plenty of choice although Olhos de Agua is a small resort in comparison to Albufeira.
Would I stay here again for a couples break ? No - see my review of Porto ay Falesia in 2010 to see why I'd go there instead.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated in 2017. Located in Olhos d'Agua in the Algarve. 6-Storey main building and 2-storey annex building. 15 Minutes' walk from Praia da Falesia beach. Access to a small cove from the hotel Riu Palace Algarve is via cliff side steps (an approximate 10 minute walk). 8 Km from Albufeira. 500 M from various shops. 35 Km from the airport. 500 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Guarana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Guarana Albufeira
- Clubhotel Riu Guarana Hotel Albufeira
- ClubHotel Riu Guarana Portugal/Algarve - Albufeira