This was our 6th year at the Guarana and although we still really enjoy this hotel, there are a number of improvements required. For example, the shower in the bathroom was inadequate with little to no power. The mattresses - as mentioned by a previous reviewer - were very hard and uncomfortable. Not that we wanted to watch a lot of TV, but there was no BBC or ITV channels - this has changed from the past, when British TV channels were available.
Around the pool, there are not enough parasols.
Food and drink are both good, especially the range of desserts. As always, the service was excellent and we have no complaints there. The staff were all helpful and friendly - first rate.
Having visited here for 6 years now, we feel that the hotel needs some love and attention (and money) spending on it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated in 2017. Located in Olhos d'Agua in the Algarve. 6-Storey main building and 2-storey annex building. 15 Minutes' walk from Praia da Falesia beach. Access to a small cove from the hotel Riu Palace Algarve is via cliff side steps (an approximate 10 minute walk). 8 Km from Albufeira. 500 M from various shops. 35 Km from the airport. 500 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Lastminute, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Guarana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Guarana Albufeira
- Clubhotel Riu Guarana Hotel Albufeira
- ClubHotel Riu Guarana Portugal/Algarve - Albufeira