I have just returned from a one-week All Inclusive stay and it was a fantastic holiday on all counts. The hotel is excellently situated within easy reach of some local shops, bars and restaurants, not that you needed anything else to occupy your stay!
I have read many reviews from people who have stayed here and agree with some of the comments, like the hard beds, tightly packed sun-beds and no English TV.... However, these are minor things and some of them are solvable if you let the hotel know. I had an issue with the shower being lose on the wall in the bathroom, I told reception and it was fixed within 24 hours.
I had also read previous reviews regarding broken/uncomfortable sun-beds. I can only assume the Management Team had taken notice of this feedback as whilst I was there they replaced approximately half of them! I should think they will be replacing the rest in due course.
The choice and quality of food was also excellent. Catering for a full hotel can't be easy but they make this look effortless!
I have also read lots of comments around the Entertainment team, mostly which are, in my opinion, fairly harsh. Whilst the acts may not be polished to 'cruise ship' standard, the team work extremely hard doing what they do.
All the staff work in excess of 10 hours a day, from daytime activities, to tours of the hotel, to rehearsals for the shows plus additional responsibilities and ad-hoc classes arranged at the request of guests. They do all this and then still have to organise and clean all their own outfits for their numerous shows!
I would like to personally thank Mike and his team for their passion, enthusiasm and dedication. It was a pleasure to watch them entertain all ages and still remain happy and pleasant on very little rest or free time - thank you.
I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated in 2017. Located in Olhos d'Agua in the Algarve. 6-Storey main building and 2-storey annex building. 15 Minutes' walk from Praia da Falesia beach. Access to a small cove from the hotel Riu Palace Algarve is via cliff side steps (an approximate 10 minute walk). 8 Km from Albufeira. 500 M from various shops. 35 Km from the airport. 500 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Guarana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Guarana Albufeira
- Clubhotel Riu Guarana Hotel Albufeira
- ClubHotel Riu Guarana Portugal/Algarve - Albufeira