Just returned from a week at this RIU hotel. It is a typical 4* All Inclusive. Very clean, rooms excellent apart from hard mattresses (mattress toppers were provided upon request). Bathrooms good, plenty of power in the shower. Fiddly individual shampoo/shower gel sachets - take your own! Hair dryer adequate although it cut out after about 2 minutes. The towels are ready for replacing, but fine. Pool towels can be changed daily, and the sunbeds were good. Never had to queue for food or drinks. Initially I was a bit disappointed that we had to serve ourselves for all drinks - even in the dining room, but after a day could appreciate why - it seemed to work well. The food was very good, no complaints at all. The staff are all dedicated and willing to please, all were happy and even the managements were regularly out and about.
The hotel was full, and the sunbeds were crammed in, but again, we never had a problem and always managed to find some. Night Entertainment was average, but very good for the children.
This hotel is an excellent choice for families with young children, and even though there is entertainment on throughout the day we were never hassled to join in, and the pool nearer the hotel was nice and quiet.
Wi-fi is terrible. My daughters went daily for a drink at a nearby bar for the free use of the wi-fi, as you only get 90 mins continuous use in a day, in the reception, which is full of people for their daily fix!
To summarise, it delivers what it says. We loved the location too, in a little fishing village, with just enough bars and shops, not too commercialised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated in 2017. Located in Olhos d'Agua in the Algarve. 6-Storey main building and 2-storey annex building. 15 Minutes' walk from Praia da Falesia beach. Access to a small cove from the hotel Riu Palace Algarve is via cliff side steps (an approximate 10 minute walk). 8 Km from Albufeira. 500 M from various shops. 35 Km from the airport. 500 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Lastminute, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Guarana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Guarana Albufeira
- Clubhotel Riu Guarana Hotel Albufeira
- ClubHotel Riu Guarana Portugal/Algarve - Albufeira