“Friends together”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Recommended by a local. A very good selection of traditional and international dishes. Good selection of wines and beers. Very nicely priced and very good quality. Would return to this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Restaurante Duarte

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We only went to this restaurant as most others on a Sunday night were closed.A bit disappointed at the prices,( not sure a small pat of butter should be 50 cents) and fifty per cent of the chicken on my plate was from underneath the carcass and therefore had no meat on it. Will not be returning.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed here in December 2013 with my partner. The restaurant is nicely decorated with a nautical theme. I got the seafood cataplana which was 12.90 euro and my boyfriend for ribs 9.50 euro. Both dishes were lovely, however we were brought over bread which was tough and had to pay for bread, butter and salmon paste, which in my opinion should be for free as all other restaurants i have visited give this complimentary. We also got a large bottle of water which had been opened and was 3/4 full and we still paid full price for it. This lets the restaurant down otherwise it would have been great, need to pick up on these things otherwise people will not visit.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Duarte is one of my favourite restaurants in Olhos de Agua and we visited on 2 occasions on this holiday specifically for the seafood kebabs. My husband loves the prawn and bacon one, while I prefer the prawn and squid. These tasty feasts are chargrilled to finger-licking perfection, and are served with vegatables and chips. There are several home-made desserts on the back page of the dessert menu, as well as the selection of commercially-prepared ice-cream desserts, and the home-made creme caramel/caramel pudding is delicious. Duarte serves wine by the carafe and it's nice to see that a 1/2 litre carafe (€3.50) is exactly half the price of a 1 litre carafe, so if you want to drink chilled wine, order a 1/2, and then another!! We just keep coming back here.

1  Thank Aveedee
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

I have visited O Duarte restaurant countless times, the food and service is always good and the price is very reasonable. I really recommend the place and if you go there also ask for and try the dish of the day(about 2 or 3 choices a day) which is usually a lot cheaper than the a la carte. There is an open terrace and a covered indoor area and the food is fresh and tasty. Popular with both tourists and locals.