“Decent for a lunch or light meal” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurante Duarte

Restaurante Duarte
Ranked #35 of 48 Restaurants in Olhos de Agua
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Decent for a lunch or light meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Decent food, staff helpful and the wine was fantastic. More of a snack restaurant than anything fancy but reasonably priced. Only complaint would be the one time my husband ordered an omelette & chips but the chips came after he'd finished the omelette! Everything is cooked fresh and plentiful and the plate always looked well presented.
Even arrived one night around 11.15pm (as we hadn't been hungry earlier) and they couldn't have been more welcoming even though all the other customers else was preparing to leave...good service!

• Visited June 2014

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“For a light diner time meal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Well what can I say we eat here 4 times on a 12 day visit. The lunch time menus is fantastic. It may sound sad but we had the same meal every time and that was 1 minute steak with all the trimmings. Every time we had a small carafe of white wine and 2 beers for me. We finished with a coffee . The best thing was the waiter who was amazing, I tried to order in Portuguese and he said may I correct you to which I was only to glad . He corrected me on my pronunciation and by meal 3 I had it correct. Every time the bill was the same 18€ fantastic value. If you want a great lunch time meal this is the place to be. We have not eaten a main meal here so we cannot comment. Will we eat here again the next time we visit yes without a doubt.

• Visited June 2014
Coatbridge, United Kingdom
“Never Disappoints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Now not just a must on our first night, but also our last - and at least once in between! The quality of the food is superb, the service is excellent and the prices are amazing. Depending on your order, the courses can sometimes arrive a bit quick but we are never rushed through our meal and always enjoy a relaxed couple of hours over the food and drink! My wife loves picking her fish which is always perfectly cooked, while I'm more inclined to their excellent ribs and steaks. Whatever we have, a litre of the house red is an excellent accompaniment. Roll on our next visit.

Bangor, United Kingdom
“Cosy & Relaxing Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife & I had a couple of lovely evenings here. This is a typical Portuguese restaurant- nothing very fancy on the menu but they offer lovely freshly produced food and first class service. It's also very good value for money. My star meal was 'Cod Portuguese Style'- really beautiful, tasty meal & huge!

Sussex
“Good seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Four of us ate here one night, offered corvettes, you select what you want and they will add to the bill. Two of us tried arroz de polvo (octopus rice) which was excellent; the others had chicken and salmon respectively. The vinho tinto da casa (house red) was also very good. The staff were very good, (unfortunately the same could not be said about a British patron who was rude to them), we asked questions about the meal and it was explained very well and with humour. At the end we were given a port, a very good one at that, even asking if we would like another, tudo de graça.
We had another meal here during our stay, Sardines, Carapaus, spaghetti and stuffed mushrooms, house wine, again all very good. Having recognised us from before we were greet warmley by the staff, and at the end we finnished off with a nice glass of port.
Service may appear a bit slow, but there is no hurry enjoy the experince. The Portuguese like to enjoy their meals and do not rush, they can take up to a couple of hours, eating, drinking and talking.