“Disappointing”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

It had the best appearance of all places we have eaten in, but food was very bland and boring. Not a good value for money. Waste of a meal really.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Olga S

East Midlands
“Very poor service”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I dined here as part of a pre-booked pre-paid group. We were kept waiting for wine and water for at least 20 minutes, then another 20 minutes or so for our starters. One of our group left as he'd experience poor service the night before. During our meal which was indoors fellow diners were lighting cigarettes and smoking at their tables, we raised this twice with staff but they just said it was allowed and we were in the smoking section. We had smokers in our group who would leave the table and go outside so not to offend others. Another member of our group left for this reason. Meal wise mine was ok, generous portion and good quality salmon. The staff seemed very stressed and run off their feet to a point where they were abrupt to us. Would not dine here again and will be feeding back this experience to my travel agent.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Amaisie
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Great food poor service.”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were looking forward to the meal tonight as my wife was not 100% and needed to go out. We started with a large carafe of red wine and a large beer for me. I had melon with smoked ham and cherries and it was very good but to much.My wife gad shrimp with avocado pear and that was amazing. I had steak with a mushroom sauce with rice and chips, very good. My wife had monkfish kebab and it was amazing. So good I wish I had it. The wife had some sort of dessert as I do not eat dessert but told me it was very good. Now the down side, getting served was a bit of a problem I understand it was busy but to be told I'm busy and we waited 25 minuets just to order is a bit much. I also noticed the locals were served first and had better service than we did. I spoke to a English couple on the next table and they also noticed we were treated different. Now a good side my wife and I always have a guess at the bill and we were very surprised it was only 43€ great value. Please make your own mind up to what you think but for us great food average service.

• Visited June 2014
Chester, United Kingdom
“Best food around!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The staff are so lovely and friendly. The food is just amazing! The salads they bring over to accompany the main dish is to die for & I'm not a salad fan!! Food is always served promptly and it is a shame this isn't ranker higher, it really is wonderful!!

• Visited August 2013
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Great Local Food & great Value”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife & I have been to Olhos many times but this year was out first time in this restaurant- it was so good we went 3times in 2weeks. Thanks to an earlier Tripadvisor review we learned they had Fado on Mondays & Thursdays - this was lovely & added to the lovely atmosphere in the restaurant.
The food was really 1st class- we mainly focused on the grilled fish dishes- king prawns; grilled sea bass & Sea Bream. Can't tell you how good these were- really fabulous, fresh & perfectly cooked. Vegetables were a little overlooked for our taste but as regulars to Portugal that is quite usual in our experience. Biggest shock was our bill- we usually have bread/ olives & garlic carrots to start; two fab mains & shared a sweet! All that including drinks averaged a grand total of roughly 40 euros... Amazing. Overall fab place- food, & service

• Visited May 2014