“There is only one.......”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of O'Licorne

O'Licorne
Ranked #14 of 50 Restaurants in Olhos de Agua
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“There is only one.......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We used Tripadvisor to search out some decent local restaurants and this came high on the local lists. Seeing as we are partial to an Indian, we gave it a try. Not very well signposted, but easy enough to find, just off the main road from Olhos DeAgua to Vilamore.
We never have starters as popadoms are enough for us, and whilst they were fine, no lime pickle. Disappointing.
Our mains were plentiful and tasty though. Lamb bhuna for me with mushroom rice, peshwari naan and cheese and spinach and a lovely chickpea dish. The Mrs had coconut chicken, pilau and the same sides. There was vast quantities and as a suggestion, the rice is generous, as are the sides, so don"t over order.
Second disappointment, no Gulab Jaman, the wife's favourite. We know it goes off quickly, but you'd think they make a little for every night. There were three tables in, including us on a Thursday!!
We had a final drink which was equalled by a free one, on the house. Very generous measures too.
Two people, totally stuffed with beautiful Indian fayre for £71 Euros including drinks. Not bad.
All in all, I would recommend this place and will visit again, but only if I come to the area again on holiday.
If you are local, give them a try for sure.
They do take-away too.

York, United Kingdom
“excellent Indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Can highly recommend this Indian restaurant. We visited it twice and on both occasions the food was outstanding, the price very reasonable and the service excellent.

Coventry England
“What a Let Down.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Visited here first week in June, wish I hadn't bothered, all the reviews gave a good rating so thought as I love curry best give it a try. To my disappointment it was bland (and I had the Madras Chicken Tikka), we had starters 2 mains rice,nan chips 2 drinks each and the total was 65 euro.
I wont recommend this one soz,

1 Thank Covbaggie
Edinburgh
“Nice enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I visited here a couple nights ago after reading the reviews on here, the service was great and the price was reasonable too, the staff we very helpful regarding my nut allergy also.
The food was fairly decent too, although I have had more flavoursome curries before even though I can only handle a korma or similar spice level. Maybe the hotter ones are more full of flavour, I wouldn't hurry back but I wouldn't advise people to avoid either.

Coatbridge, United Kingdom
“Still Top Quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Had to try it again on our latest visit, just to see if they were still serving the same superb quality food. Yup, they're still at it. Tried something other than my usual Buttered Chicken and was yet again transported to gourmet heaven.
Bit disappointed that the charming "Madam" has returned to India and taken with her something of the special ambiance of this place, hence one star less. However, the boys are doing a grand job.

• Visited May 2014