My husband and I have just returned from a week at these lovely apartments. I have stayed in Olhos d'Agua six times before (the first being in 1985 and the last 2005) but always at the Quatros Irmaos Apartments which have been wonderful. This year that option was not available until July so we thought we would try these having often walked by them on trips to Maria Luisa beach (and beyond) in the past. They were wonderful, the place was extremely quiet and I assume this is because the season has not yet started properly.
The facilities are fine (although I would have preferred a few more cooking implements;- fish slice for turning eggs, tongs, corkscrew, bottle opener. Plus large mugs for tea (we bought a couple and left them behind but I doubt they will stay in cupboard). I also would have liked to see instructions for microwave and hob.
The apartments are kept scrupulously clean by a lovely team of maids - we were only there a week and had two towel changes and beds made every day.
The garden and pool area is beautiful and you could hardly hear anything there apart from birds singing.
Sandra the Receptionist (who we saw the most) was lovely - so helpful and pleasant and she got us a fabulous deal on our airport transfer on our last day.
I would definitely return.
For those who do not know - Olhos d'Agua is a wonderful place - it is more built up now than in 1985 or 1997 (the first time I went there with my husband and children) but is still fabulous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clube Maria Luisa, is a cozy and quiet resort located in Olhos d'Agua, Albufeira, Algarve (southern Portugal). You can get here by plane, through the Faro International Airport about 30 km. From the Airport you can reach the facilities either by Transfer Service, Car, Bus or Train. The resort was built on top of a small hill, less than 100 meters from the beach. You can also take advantage of our fantastic swimming pool surrounded by a huge lawn garden. If you're the adventurer type Clube Maria Luisa can provide several activities such as excursions, theme parks, Quad, Jeep, Catamaran and fishing Experiences. We have T1 type apartments (2 + 2 pax) with TV, equipped kitchen, balconies (some overlooking the sea to the nearest beach: "Praia da Maria Luisa" (Balaia). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Clube Maria Luisa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maria Luisa Apartments Hotel Olhos De Agua
- Clube Maria Luisa Portugal/Algarve - Albufeira