Went on a last minute getaway with a friend and was slightly anxious about what we were going to get considering how little we paid to stay here. To say we were pleasantly surprised was an understatement. The hotel is set in beautiful, peaceful gardens with a spotlessly clean swimming pool... a lovely little haven for relaxing. The beach is literally a stones throw away and offers what the Algarve is famous for...its beautiful coast. There are two supermarkets within walking distance, although the first you come to is more of a corner shop and not really adequate for self-catering. The second supermarket however is excellent and about a 10 minute flat walk away. It is in this location you can find a handful of restaurants and bars. If you are looking for a party hotel this is not the place for you but we did however walk into the harbour of Olhas de Agua (which is stunning) and it is here you can find a much livelier scene, with plenty of bars and restaurants. it took us about 25 minutes to walk into the harbour which was fine with us but may not suit everyone.
The apartments themselves were clean, spacious and well equipped with even a washing machine to use. There is a microwave, coffee machine, kettle, fridge, hob but no oven, and you may want to take a corkscrew and some dishcloths with you. We found the staff to be really helpful and friendly, although it is worth mentioning that reception closes at 6pm so if you require anything its best to do so before then.
local transport links are also very good, with buses running regular to Villamoura and Albuferia (Buses don't run Sundays). Villamoura is well worth a visit. There is also a taxi rank located just around the corner from the supermarket.
Overall cannot fault this little hotel especially for a 2 star award and the very little it costs to stay here. We were over moon we found this little gem and will definitely stay here again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clube Maria Luisa, is a cozy and quiet resort located in Olhos d'Agua, Albufeira, Algarve (southern Portugal). You can get here by plane, through the Faro International Airport about 30 km. From the Airport you can reach the facilities either by Transfer Service, Car, Bus or Train. The resort was built on top of a small hill, less than 100 meters from the beach. You can also take advantage of our fantastic swimming pool surrounded by a huge lawn garden. If you're the adventurer type Clube Maria Luisa can provide several activities such as excursions, theme parks, Quad, Jeep, Catamaran and fishing Experiences. We have T1 type apartments (2 + 2 pax) with TV, equipped kitchen, balconies (some overlooking the sea to the nearest beach: "Praia da Maria Luisa" (Balaia). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Clube Maria Luisa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maria Luisa Apartments Hotel Olhos De Agua
- Clube Maria Luisa Portugal/Algarve - Albufeira