“Brilliant hotel: could be perfect, but not quite...”

Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Olhos de Agua
Wirral, UK
“Brilliant hotel: could be perfect, but not quite...”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

My wife & I stayed at the Adriana with friends for 9 days at the end of September 2011. We had a vey enjoyable all-inclusive holiday at an almost perfect hotel resort. The rooms are in villa blocks set in well kept and beautifully set out gardens. The beach is fantastic golden sand that stretches for miles. Access is via timber stairs from the cliff top position of the hotel.

The food was definitely the high end of all-inclusive fair. Will not win any Michelin stars but is of a very good quality and plenty of choice. There are two main pools and bars. The first main pool & bar, close to reception are where daytime & evening entertainment happens. All of a good standard with plenty of choice for all ages. The second bar & pool area is the quitter and ideal for sun worshippers and bookworms. Snacks are available during the day in both pool & bar areas. The pools are on the cool side of comfortable, but perfectly acceptable once you are in.

Bedrooms are small but adequate with small balcony area. Copious amounts of hot water for shower or bath. Flat screen TV in room that receives BBC1 & Channel 5 (if your TV can't receive these channels ask at reception to have the TV retuned).

All staff are very friendly and welcoming. Everywhere is spotlessly clean.

This hotel could be a perfect 10 if it wasn't for the following niggles:
1: The beds are too hard.
2: The tea and coffee from machines is not nice.
3: The lobby lounge can be a bit wiffy at times (external drainage problems I understand).

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Adriana and exceptionally good value for money. We will definitely be returning next year. I hope that the hotel management attend to the drains before we arrive!

Room Tip: Make sure you order at least a superior room.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Trev123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Polish first
spain
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My husband and myself spent a week at the Adriana 19th-26th September 2011. What a lovely hotel in beautiful grounds.
There was plenty of food, however it could have been hotter, and a couple of nights i
struggled to find something that took my fancy. If you liked fish you were laughing, but
not everyone likes fish, and every night is a bit much. The last night they decided to serve
chicken which was lovely, now why they didn't do it before i don't know.
The grounds were beautiful, but with so much watering it was ideal for the mosquitos and
we did get a few nasty bites.
The entertainment was ok, although the animation team could grind on you a bit.
Our room was in a pleasant quiet setting, but it was tired, especially the bathroom. I would
advise you take your own hairdryer as the one supplied is useless.
The only complaint i have really is there must be more care taken to ensure that food is
covered in the snack areas as flies were on the food. It would only take something simple
to address this problem but in my eyes it really does let the hotel down.
Anyway all in all it was a lovely hotel, in a super location in stunning grounds, however
to me it is not quite a 5 star, but i would give it a 4 star, and we shall definately be returning.

Room Tip: Don't have a room by the pool, by the crazy golf would be ideal.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karen m
Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Myself and Wife and our almost 4 year old went here from 17th-24th Sep 2011

Booked through Travel Republic and cost us around £1200 for Flights, Hotel, Transfer (coach) and insurance

Took about 35 min by coach from Faro airport

Arrived early eve and room was ready - Worth noting that the hotel has clear signs in reception and in rooms stating check in AFTER 2pm and departure by 10am

We were put in block AA - This is a short walk (5 min with little one) to the bars, dining rooms etc and this block we found out is where you are put when booking a basic room, ie the more you pay the closer you are thats all, rooms are no better quality, we know because we asked to look at them!

The room itself was spot on - Clean, plenty of space for 3 of us, fridge, air con, TV (Channel 5 in English), balcony, full size bath with shower (big bathroom). Cleaned daily. Doors have electronic credit card style locks as well so great for leaving in your shorts and not worrying about swimming etc.

Food, Spot on - 3 places to eat, Grill bar was smaller but VERY nice food, Veal was amazing! Main restraunt had plenty of seats, breakfast always had bacon, eggs, beans, toast etc. Lunch had as much to choose from as the dinner did. Always had good old chips (french fries) but lots of salads, rice, pasta, fruit etc every meal time. Meats/Fish varied daily, I had the best Grilled Swordfish I have ever tasted on the last night, grilled with lemon and butter...amazing!

Staff were all very friendly, entertainment and team were great, big theater with shows each night and mini disco @ 20:30 each night

We dont drink much but the cocktails and beer we did have were fine. As with any AI hotel the spirits are not branded, not unusual at all. Kids cocktail went down a treat for all the kids.

Ice cream is very nice real ice cream, not the cheap stuff you can find in some hotels.

Pools are quite cold but we went in the everyday, not to bad. There is the indoor pool, that was @ 29c so was like a bath!

Beach is fantastic, stairs are not to bad but for anyone with walking issues, no chance! The sea was warmer than the pools though but be careful with kids, the current and waves are very strong!

The only small nag I had was the beds were a bit hard and pillows very small but every other aspect of this holiday was fantastic and we will be returning asap!

Room Tip: Block AA is a small walk away from main services but is nice and quiet!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Mark O
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I have just returned from a one week stay 18-25 September at the Adriana Beach Club with my Boyfriend. I had a great holiday, however, I would query their 4 Star status, but all in all the Adriana Beach Club is very nice. We had a Superior Room, but to be honest I couldn’t tell you what the difference between it and a Standard Room was. The room itself and bathroom were both spacious and spotless. It had recently been redecorated; I have a suspicion that for this reason alone the hotel manager felt it warranted the name ‘Superior’. The room was pretty basic, but suitable for our needs. I’ll get to the point and get my grievances out of the way:

1.The enthusiasm of the Entertainment Team could not be doubted, but for me the sheer volume of them bellowing out of the many speakers around the complex was horrendous. Every quiz, every aerobics class, every aquafit class etc was heard at deafening volume throughout. If I never hear Mambo No. 5 again, it’ll be too soon. We had no other option than to go the beach for the sake of my sanity and the preservation of my hearing. It really was that loud.

2.The FOOD. The hotel was catering for the masses, so it resembled canteen school dinners. The food was a little lacklustre and repetitive, but there was plenty of it. The monotony of queuing up for breakfast, lunch and dinner was irritating, so we went out to nearby Vilamoura for a proper meal on a few occasions. Although I think with All Inclusive, this is to be expected. Out of the 3 restaurants, The Grill Restaurant for dinner was the best. It was slightly more intimate and less like a soup kitchen. There is zero service from waiting staff, you do everything yourself. They did have amazing cakes though!

The complex in general was immaculate, the gardens and grounds were well maintained. So well maintained in fact, that I was woken a couple of times to the tune of lawnmowers and chainsaws. The pools were brilliant and again, spotless. Sunbeds were readily available at anytime of the day.

The beach was fantastic. There was a wooden staircase leading down to the beach, perfect for a bit of exercise, but not for anyone with mobility problems. There is a gate allowing only hotel guests in and out of. It is closed between 10pm – 7am. It was concerning that along the edge of the cliff, overlooking the beach, there was no railing. If you have children, keep hold of them until you get onto the beach. The beach is secluded, and not overlooked. There are no other hotels near the beach, so only Adriana guests have access to a considerable stretch of beach.

There is a free bus that takes you to Albufeira. However, my advice would be, don’t go to Albufeira. Pay for a taxi or bus and go to Vilamoura, much, much, much nicer. We hired a car, which was beneficial, as nothing is within walking distance.

To sum it up, the Adriana Beach Club is pleasant and really, very nice. My advice would be eat out occasionally and bring earplugs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a garden view or you will may be given a room overlooking the car park or tennis...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Gillespie84
Marton, Middlesbrough
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel in august 2011 for a fortnight and it was lovely. Got put in a room on X block which wasn't nice at all (smelt damp) when we asked to change the hotel was fully booked but there was 2 rooms left which people were going into so the porter came and picked us up in his buggy to show us them & we chose the S block 215. This room was a lot better which was next to the pool,bar and restaurants. This was in the Aquamarine end which was a lot quieter than the Adriana end. We sunbathed on the grassed area which was really quiet. Considering it was peak time we always had beds even when we missed breakfast and went down at 12. Rooms were a bit basic but you only sleep in them. Only ate at the Adriana once as it was really busy and the same food as the other restaurants and we also stayed down this end too. We got the bus into Albuferia one day which we weren't impressed & the beach wasn't anything special the beach was better at the hotel. The weather was really nice with a breeze and it rained a couple of days. Also what I wanted to know before we went was if you could get towels at the hotel which I found that you could when I got there for a charge which would have saved on may luggage. Would recommend this hotel and I have tried to book for next year but is a lot more expensive than this year.

Room Tip: If you have a choice choose the s or t block in the aquamarine.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Josie37
Grandola, Portugal
Reviewed 25 September 2011

This weekend "discovered" an excellent 4 star resort near Albufeira, the "Adriana Beach Club."
This system works in Resort All-inclusive and covers an area of ​​12 hectares, set in a pine forest, widely landscaped and wooded. It reminded me of the complex ... Bahia Principe Mexico I'm not exaggerating, and even anything ...
Adriana Beach Club is only 5 km from Albufeira and leaves nothing behind to Caribbean resorts (Unless the weather) ...
This complex arose from the merger of two hotels, and Adriana Aquamarina. It has three restaurants (one buffet and grill 2) amphitheater, two bars, two outdoor pools (quite large), an indoor pool, jacuzzi, Turkish bath, sauna, gym, Spa, supermarket, hairdresser, etc. (this last 3 paid, of course).

There are three types of rooms available: basic, standard and deluxe. I opted for basic, which costs less than about 40 € / night.
The only difference between these rooms to the "Standards" is that lie outside the complex (AA and AB blocks), across the road. No problem, because the road is not busy and the rooms are less than 5 minutes of receipt. As soon as it blocks out of AA and AB, is set and the road is a gateway to the resort (which only opens with the same card).
Then make a short walk to the reception, or even any other point in the resort ... I do not regret having spent less € 40!

The only "but" I found was that the all inclusive ends at 23.00, the pool towels have a cost
rental and espresso bars to be paid (€ 1.50). The latter two "mishaps" are easily surmountable:
it takes a towel from home and drink Nescafe is expressed, because there are free machines scattered throughout the complex.

I was delighted with the food, it has a superior quality compared to the resorts of the Caribbean (and attention I really enjoyed Caribbean food). The white spirits, although most are branded "white" drinking is well ... and Beer is a "must" as is sacred! No alcohol there, Pepsi, 7Up, Sumol Orange, Ice Tea (all pressure). Water is drink is served, but I guarantee that is not the network. In fact, there are several water machines in the complex, those that lead bottles of 15l/20l.

The animation can be considered good, although not as good as in the Caribbean. The employees of the resort also give notice positive, as were all clean.

There is a difference in the colors of the bracelets that are assigned to guests, some are blue and others yellow. Not I could see why this distinction ... if someone knows, tell.

Anyway, it was a pleasant surprise that I had because I was not expecting such high quality ...
In fact, and that like this kind of all-inclusive resorts, seriously recommend visiting this complex!

Room Tip: The best rooms are the "Deluxe Rooms".
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank JATG001
Reviewed 25 September 2011

This hotel was everything we expected and more.
We arrived early morning about 10am although we could not have our room till 2pm they gave us somewhere to put our luggage and we were able to get food and use all the facillities. By the time we had lunch and a look around the resort we were able to check into our rooms.

The rooms were very clean, there was myself my husband and 3 children (8,6,2) we were given two separate rooms joined by a separate lockable door. So we had three beds in one room and a double in the other, two bathrooms and two balconies. Our room was in s block right opposite the aquamarine swimming pool. It was great to walk straight out to the pool and the restaurants And bar especially with the children we could just pop to our room if we needed anything.

The restaurants were good with all the staff being very friendly and helpful. Two restaurants in the aquamarine part one was mainly portugese and one the grill and the 3rd restaurant up at adriana part of hotel (this one was much bigger and had a much wider variety of food) some people have said the food can become a bit repetitive after a while which is true but I think that is the same with most all inclusive hotels, however I was personally just pleased not to have to cook!!

There is a bus into alberferia six times a week which was a great service and we used it several times.

The beach was also lovely and although you have a few steps to walk down to get to it, it never seemed to be a problem with the children. You can also walk to villamoria from the beach which takes about 30mins but worth the walk.

There was also a kids world with Thomas cook which the children loved and gave us a few hours break in the day!

I would dedinately go back to this hotel and would recommend it.

Also just a note if you go here visit zoo marine it was a fantastic day out, one of the best days of our holiday.

• Stayed September 2011
Falesia Mar by 3HB
Falesia Mar by 3HB
#5 of 8 in Olhos de Agua
Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort

Been to Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort? Share your experiences!