We thought it was great value for money and would recommend
After a 50 Min coach journey we arrived and were well greeted. We happened to be near the front of the short queue but it did take some time to be 'processed', but everyone was very pleasant and helpful. Our room wasn't ready but we were shown to a room off the main dining room to get some snacks. At this point let me tell you that I like my coffee and if you do then avoid the machines like the plague! Vile!! A better coffee can be bought from the bar. TIP: Take a kettle and supplies for your room - it can be quite a walk for a drink! Anyway, it wasn't a long wait before we were shown via buggy to our rooms (the children loved it). There was five of us, three adults and two children, so we were able to have the three females together in one room as the room configuration was great. Basically one front door leads into a hallway which in turn has two doors each leading into a self contained room (see pictures), so we were able to lock the outer door and walk between the rooms. Ours was a ground floor and all the buildings are only two floors high which is so much nicer than blocks of high rises. The gardens are very well maintained but also have areas left more natural to encourage wildlife. Because it was low peak season, the whole of the complex was not open, only one dining room, one open pool and the indoor pool, but this was perfectly adequate for the amount of people staying there at this time.
The rooms are comfortable and the cleaning ladies very obliging coming in to clean every day. The rooms have a fridge which is very handy but one of the very best things is the FREE WIFI. Don't get me wrong i like to turn off when on holiday but goodness, free internet access is a total God send.
Anyway, more briefly, as these reviews can be lengthy;
Outdoor Pool (By Bar) - excellent (although icy cold when we were there).
Bar - Excellent staff (a part from one man, but there is always one!) be aware that you have to pay for drinks after 11 pm.
Indoor Pool - Not many loungers so get there early if you want one. Great if you have young children who you want to keep out of the sun.
From my seven year olds point of view:
The staff were friendly and made great mocktails, the pool was great, really enjoyed the butterflies and birds especially the woodpecker and cat. The shows/entertainment were mostly quite good.
There was a kids club but there were only very young children in it so mine did not participate.
Dining - I am vegetarian, 2 only eat fish and the other two anything, but we were all catered for. There were themed nights which were really good, plenty of choice and lots of it. As you would expect the wine was rocket fuel, but drinks could be taken in from the bar and bottles of wine bought. If you have difficulty finding a table, just ask a member of staff they were very helpful, setting up tables for us.
Shop - has lots of useful and very nice items, clothes, trinkets, hats, toiletries and daily papers. You can also buy cards and stamps, balls, games etc.
Hairdresser - my broth in law used for a beard and neck trim and was very pleased.
Spa Treatments - not used but heard it was very good see pictures
WIFI - could be patchy usually in the main building but excellent most of the time, two computers also available in the lobby.
Lots of Tennis Courts, beach volley and table tennis available.
Closeness to the Beach - a beautiful beach, part sand but with lots of gorgeous shells and the occasional spot of wildlife. Also popular for dog walkers we saw only one lot of dog poo, so very clean. A great 3 km walk to Vilamoura either along the pathways or on the beach. with a lovely coffee, bar and snack shack at the end before entering Vilamoura. TIP: Be aware that catching a taxi will cost between 20 and 25 euros one way to Vilamoura!! No direct route so takes nearly as long to drive there, quite literally!!
We went with Thomas Cook and as only there one week did not venture far;
Vilamoura (under own steam both walking and with Taxi), good shops and restaurants definitely worth visiting if only to view the yachts in the marina.
Albufeira, we caught the mini bus available to pre book at reception for a small charge. considering the cost of taxi's i would take this option! TIP: book as soon as you can as it quickly gets filled.
Once in Albufeira there is the usual things to do so I wont list them here but I will highly recommend a fish restaurant - Tasca do Viegas on the sea front in the old town, up a few steps. This was recommended by an english woman living there and was well worth the visit. Family run and we asked all sorts of questions about taste etc and even the fussy children were not only happy but voted it as a holiday culinary highlight.
Zoomarine - very enjoyable, food ok but the shows were great. It wasn't overly busy, in the height of the season I can imagine it to be a nightmare. But we all enjoyed ourselves.
See the bottom for a list of some of the trips you can go on and for pictures of itineraries and maps.
Would recommend especially for a quiet Easter Holiday, families, couples and groups.
Clean and friendly
Pay cleaners, they are worth it!
Think about getting a waiter (money) on side for those after 11 drinks
Book mini bus in advance and soon and this goes for the courts etc too
WALK to Vilamoura its good for you especially after all that food and drink!
Find out the fish restaurant in Albufeira,you wont be disappointed
Take a kettle and supplies
Happy Holidays!! Oh and we will probably go again next year, cant get better than that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an area of 17 hectares, Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort has 439 rooms, providing family environment, diverse service offer and quality care. Situated in Olhos de Água, in the municipality of Albufeira, in the Algarve, this Resort is housed in natural environment and enjoys a privileged location next to the beach, guaranteeing the peace and privacy of our guests, yet ideal for holding events. The proximity of the city of Albufeira and Vilamoura tourist complex, two tourist destinations and animation of the region represents an alternative for those who prefer to explore the potential around the hotel. The All Inclusive concept takes in this hotel its highest expression, given that waiver include the diverse range of services provided. Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort offers a huge variety of buffets in our 3 Restaurants: A main Restaurant and two theme restaurants(availability and time-tables may change and are subject to seasonal demand), which include meat and fish dishes, as well as vegetarian options, freshly baked pizzas,soups, pasta, salads and desserts. Throughout the day, in addition to the main meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), there are snacks. Drinks are also included, throughout the day and during all meals. There is water, soft drinks, beer, wine and other alcoholic drinks. In our hotel, the All Inclusive offer theme nights, where our buffets change and give you the possibility of enjoying new dishes: Portuguese, asian, tropical, mexican and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquamarina Beach Club Hotel Olhos De Agua
- Aquamarina Beach Hotel
- Aquamarina Beach Albufeira
- Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort Portugal/Algarve - Albufeira