“excellent hotel”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Olhos de Agua
Widnes, England, United Kingdom
“excellent hotel”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Stayed at the Adriana 13 May 2013 for 11 nights and found it to be a very, very good hotel in every aspect. On arrival we found that one of the rooms we thought we had booked (a two bedroom one) was in fact only 1 room with three beds. The very helpful reception staff arranged for us to move rooms the next day and gave us a lovely 3 bedroomed apartment very near to our original one where the other members of our party were staying, all at no extra cost. We had a fantastic holiday although the weather was'nt very good, the staff were excellent and did all they could to make sure everyone had a good time. The food was also excellent with plenty of variety and everywhere was spotlessly clean. The entertainment was quite good, perhaps a little more adult entertainment was needed. I thoroughly recommend the Adriana. Thank You Staff.

Room Tip: Stayed in the annex, a lovely area away from the main part, nice and quiet and very quaint.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Maureen N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Polish first
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Stayed in this hotel with the girls for a short break to celebrate a 50 th birthday. The best features of the hotel were the lovely well kept grounds and swimming pools which were very clean. The staff were lovely. Pleasant, friendly and helpful. The animation team tried to make everyone feel welcome.
The rooms were basic for a 4 star but again very clean and fine for a couple of nights. I would imagine that it maybe quite difficult for people with pushchair age children as there were a lot of steps to the rooms and they were quite tight. The safe was 20 euro!! Didn't use. The pool towels were a 10 euro deposit that you got back when you handed the towel and your receipt back in. If you wanted fresh pool towels during your stay you were charged 1.50 euro.
The all inclusive part was ok. We asked some other guests for some drink tips on the first day. The sparkly wine, beer and spirits were ok. Other wine and coffee were not nice! Food was fine. Not the best I've had but could always find something and we had no stomach upsets. It was lovely to have fresh melon, strawberries and pineapple. The breads were very varied too.

There seemed to be quite a bit for kids to do although we had none with us. The beach was beautiful but a long climb down some scary steps, infirm people and young kids would struggle.
It is in the middle of nowhere but again if you just want to lounge at your hotel this isn't a problem.

Overall it was a lovely break and I would return there for a short break or even a week.

Room Tip: The better the room type the nearer to the main hotel you will be.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Chunce
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Just returned last night from the Adriana. I felt I wanted to give this a fair review. I visited with my partner and my 5 year old daughter. All in all the Adriana is an excellent t hotel with excellent facilities and food excellent. However the hotel rooms let this hotel down enormously. Booking a 4 stat hotel you expect a 4 star room. We initially were put in a the dreaded aa block even though we booked a standard room, after querying this we were told we had booked a basic room which we clearly hadn't as I had proof of this on our reservation. After a lot of wasted time liaising with them they still would not budge, so we ended up paying £120 to upgrade to superior. I must say although the superior room was nicer and better located it still was not as I would have expected for a superior room. I will be complaining to our travel company regarding this issue but I think if they renovated all rooms to the same standard this hotel would be one of the best there is!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 9 hours trying to sort out my room before jet 2 finally moved me! On arrival the service was dreadful not pleasant greeting at all, got took to our rooms on a golf cart to be greeted by 2 flights of steps to our room with a toddler and a baby in a pram even the porter said its not ideal! Got to the "large annex room" with cot required to find no cot and barely any room for a cot it was awful! Spoke to reception and they just didn't care there over booked! My daughter who's 3rd birthday is was on the arrival day fell on stagnant water and banged her head very very badly on the tiled floor outside the room! There answer is we can't stop the rain! There's no kettle in the rooms to boil water for the baby's bottle, you don't get fresh water every day you have to re-fill your current bottle at a fresh water point in the hotel, wifi is charged by the hour 5 euros an hour, safes in the room are charged towels by the pool are charged! There's no all inclusive at this place and its at its best a 2 star its vile! We had to clean a table in the eating area to be able to eat our own food! Kids clubs starts at 9.30 so it was no good to us! The staff and owner are the rudest and most in helpful people I have ever come in contact with! Our jet 2 rep was a star and moved us and saved the holiday being a disaster!

• Stayed May 2013
7 Thank Britirish
Cornwall
Reviewed 26 May 2013

My wife and I stayed here last week.
Our arrival was handled quickly and efficiently, we were offered sparkling wine but declined as it was too early.
A golf buggy took us to our room, this made us wonder how far out it was, we were there in about 30 seconds.

The room was basic but perfectly satisfactory and had more than enough space.
I always wonder why people expect so much of a room on a resort of this type, get out of your room and enjoy the resort, your all inclusive for goodness sake!

We tried all of the restaurants in the first two days then stuck with the main restaurant. All of the food is fantastic, however I think it is all cooked at the main restaurant so it isnt quite as fresh when served at the other end of the resort. Also the main restaurant has a great feel to it.

The bars were very good and the shot sizes huge!

On our first day we ventured to the beach and walked to villamoura - well worth a visit. It is also true what the other reviewers say in that it is probably quicker to walk there and back due to the distance by road.
The beach does have steps but they are not that bad, our Thomas Cook brochure did clearly state this.

If you want a decent time on the courtesy bus to Albufeira get up early the day before to book it, we tried at 9.00 am and the best times had gone. The receptionist gave us a local bus time table and pointed out the bus stop by the main gate, this worked out very well for us.

The animation team were fantastic and put on some good shows, they really do work tirelessly all day.

We are planning to return to this area again in the future, the only reason we probably wont return to this resort is because we never return to the same place again - too many other places to see!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom H
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I booked this hotel after reading some reviews and checking the hotels own website. It looked like a great place to stay so I booked 4 nights in May for me and my girlfriend. To start we turned up and the hotel looked ver6 clwan and well maintained. Unfortunately we got overlooked by the reception staff as they had a lot of people checking in and we felt a bit ignored as we didn't get the free champagne and we had to ask for help with where the room was and what we would be expecting to be a introduction to the hotel. The receptionist was a bit rude and not very helpful to be honest be not enough for me to complain.
Overall the room was average and as I booked the superior room I did expect something above average. Not to be to harsh but to single beds pushed together and very basic touches made it feel far from superior. Beds are very hard and small. But the room was clean and well kept again. Large bathroom and also well looked after.
The food as good, lots of choice and cooked in front of you (most of it) but you need to get in early as it can get cold quite quickly. All inclusive was worth doing as everything you would need is available. Kids are well catered for.
Nice size pool but very cold. Indoor pool quite small but nice to have. Jacuzzi can fit no more than 3 people in and only 2 sauna's.
Great setting and grounds are huge. Lots to do in the day for families not so much for couples. Nice beach close by and great views.
Complementary bus to albefrira is a great bonus and is not far to get to. We found we got a little board so we got a taxi back which was €15 so not too bad.
No free wifi as now you have to pay for it.
Nice place but would try another hotel if I visited Portugal again mainly due to the staff and the room was not what I expected.

• Stayed May 2013
Argyll
Reviewed 22 May 2013

The hotel was very well run with excellent all inclusive deal. The food was excellent with 3 different restaurants to eat in we favoured the 2 smaller restaurants as these were not so noisy as the main restaurant.
We found the hotel was a bit out of the way without a car to go exploring. The hotel offered a shuttle service to Albufera but this had to be booked 24 hrs in advance so if you changed your mind on the day about what you wanted to do then you may not get on the bus and the reception staff were very strict about the bus!!!
The standard double room which we booked was just that , Standard, but with twin beds not double. Room cleaned every day and towels changed daily. I would probably say the hotel facilities and entertainment programme deserved its 4 star rating but the rooms I felt fell a bit short of it.
Lovely pools and beach and lots to do at the hotel but not so good if it rains, the bar just fills up with everyone!

Room Tip: Don't use the reception toilets as they are not 4 star!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
PortoBay Falesia
#6 of 154 in Albufeira
Pine Cliffs Hotel, a Luxury Collection Resort
Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort

Been to Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort? Share your experiences!