Booked this hotel at the last minute......7 days before we left....looked at the reviews and they generally seamed to say it was a good to great resort.
Arrived at 2130 in the evening and was quickly checked in and directed to the restaurant before it closed which was great as we had not eaten. On return to the reception we were given a run down of how the resort operated. Shock one was that we had to pay to use the safe in the room the cost depended on how long you were staying. One week stay cost 20 Euros with an additional refundable deposit of 10 euros, I have never had to pay for a safe before. Shock two was that you had to pay 10 euros per pool towel which was refundable. Additionally to change your towel was a further 1.50 Euros per towel. Luckily we had brought our own towels. We felt that after spending money on all inclusive that it was a shock to have paid out 30 euros instantly.
We were delivered by golf cart to our room which was great, we were in block A which was right next to the pool and amenities. The room size and standard was disappointing as it was a so called superior room. The child's bed was a fold up camp bed, which is not what I was expecting for my 10 year old daughter. The room is bare and we cannot see what makes it superior in their rating, having spoken to other guests during our stay the general consensus is that the room s are a poor standard. Another guest told us that the difference between basic and superior is the balcony table is nicer and there is a TV in the superior room. We got over this as we spent little time in the room.
We were happy in block A as it was close to everything, but be warned if you are early to bed it is hard to sleep due to the noise from entertainment which goes on till around midnight. We did enquire to move room which the hotel said they could move us to H block which is more central to the complex. We declined as we stayed up for every night and was so close to everything. During the stay the wardrobe door fell off as I was sliding it. I phoned reception and they instantly sent someone to come and fix it. Very impressive.
The pool was lovely. There was no real urgency to reserve a sunbed, although as soon as we were up, we would put our towels down. This was at about 8.30am, on our way to breakfast. There was plenty of choice at this time and we would go to the pool at around 9ish and there were still lots of free sunbeds. We liked to be near the pool, due to having a 10 yr old but there is plenty of space, lots of grass area too.
The beach is really near, literally just down a short track, then down some steps, some have counted and said approx 94. I am not a walker and managed it fine, as did my 10yr old. We decided to walk to Villamoura along the beach as we didn't want to pay the 20 euros taxi. It was quite a long walk, approx 40mins, but again we all managed it. It is pretty there, there is a marina with some lovely yachts and an area with a selection office bars and restaurants. It is worth going but there isnt lot there. We used the hotel shuttle service to Albufiera one afternoon, we took the 3.30pm shuttle there, the last of 3 stops leaves you in the old town. It is easy to get round, there is a square down the road where you are dropped off and each part of it leads to shops and the beach. We didn't really like it there, it's quite busy and there are a lot of touts trying to get you into their restaurants and bars. Worth going though just to say you have been. The shuttle to get back to the hotel was was 8pm but we were done by 6 so we took a taxi back which cost 15 euros.
The food was really good. I am a fussy eater and really enjoyed the variety. There were a few theme nights, a chinesennight, Portuguese night and around the world. Breakfast was good, with full English available every day and pancakes / donuts on alternstive days.
The entertainment was good. They have their club song and dance, which was gangnam style. It was entertaining and my daughter loved it. It wasn't in your face, the team just danced and you could join in if you wanted. The evening entertainment was good too, different things each evening, either in their theatre or on the terrace. It is typical holiday entertainment.
Overall it was a lovely holiday, the only let down was the room and the charge for changing towels. We would not go back again because we like to visit different places but if you, like us, are looking for a relaxing holiday, sitting by the pool, having a walk on the beach, in the middle of nowhere, with people like you, then this is the place to go.
I am a very fussy traveller and this reviews a 100% honest. ENJOY!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an area of 17 hectares, Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort has 439 rooms, providing family environment, diverse service offer and quality care. Situated in Olhos de Água, in the municipality of Albufeira, in the Algarve, this Resort is housed in natural environment and enjoys a privileged location next to the beach, guaranteeing the peace and privacy of our guests, yet ideal for holding events. The proximity of the city of Albufeira and Vilamoura tourist complex, two tourist destinations and animation of the region represents an alternative for those who prefer to explore the potential around the hotel. The All Inclusive concept takes in this hotel its highest expression, given that waiver include the diverse range of services provided. Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort offers a huge variety of buffets in our 3 Restaurants: A main Restaurant and two theme restaurants(availability and time-tables may change and are subject to seasonal demand), which include meat and fish dishes, as well as vegetarian options, freshly baked pizzas,soups, pasta, salads and desserts. Throughout the day, in addition to the main meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), there are snacks. Drinks are also included, throughout the day and during all meals. There is water, soft drinks, beer, wine and other alcoholic drinks. In our hotel, the All Inclusive offer theme nights, where our buffets change and give you the possibility of enjoying new dishes: Portuguese, asian, tropical, mexican and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquamarina Beach Club Hotel Olhos De Agua
- Aquamarina Beach Hotel
- Aquamarina Beach Albufeira
- Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort Portugal/Algarve - Albufeira