Firstly please ignore the negative reviews! We stayed at the Adriana between 7/10 and 14/10 as a couple in the AA block. We did not mind being 'over the road' - we have legs and are more than happy to use them for the short walks around the complex. We did often walk up the road to the main reception as it was more direct - the security staff were amused by this as it seems other people had not worked this route out!
The food was plentiful and varied as much as is possible for catering all inclusive for a range of nationalities. The vegetarian lasagne was heavenly and I was disappointed it was only available on one evening! Every meal had a large choice, and you could be as healthy or as naughty as you wanted! I started off with plates of salad and fruit but had been tempted by the pancakes and churros by the end of the week - nom! The wine was lovely, the beer was ok ish but the cocktails and spirits are generously served! There are water dispensers all over the complex so take a water bottle with you to stay hydrated.
There were security guards doing regular patrols in golf buggies so we felt very safe at all times.
We spent most of our time by the smaller pool, there were little to no children and as we are a couple currently without children this environment was more appealing to us. This was ideal as there was the tropicana bar, Aquarius restaurant (breakfast only during our stay) and the grill. The main pool was a bit more lively and full of activities and plenty of loungers were available at both pools, with minimal reservations! Ha ha! The only problem that I personally did not like was the number of people who smoked around the pool (French guests) who did not consider other people with their cigarette buts and smoke, but it was manageable. The beach was lovely, the sand is very clean and a lovely dark colour. The steps were not an issue for us but people with mobility issues may struggle, however we personally preferred the environment around the pool as there was the music from the bar etc.
the beach was beautiful - we ran along the beach or the cliffs either for sunrise or sunset most days - breathtaking views, do not miss sunset! We also walked to Vilamoura - there is a decked path along the top of the beach - it was approx 3km gentle walk from the main reception and would highly recommend going to see the marina and the bars and restaurants. We ate out one evening for a change of scenery and treat and the people watching was great! We also got the free bus to Albufeira - make sure you book your place on the bus if you want to go! If we are honest we did not like Albufeira, it was too 'Brits Abroad' for us we would much more recommend visiting Vilamoura - one warning though although we walked to Vilamoura easily a taxi back was around €18-20 as the road network is not as direct as the beach walk so go in the day time to allow you to walk there and back (as we did one day) so you don't get caught out by the taxi fare as the path is not lit.
The only slight negatives were the towel fees (€10 deposit per towel and €1.50 to change for a clean one) so take your own if you have space and the wifi is chargeable in public areas. We didn't actually mind this as it was nice to have a break from Facebook and Twitter and actually talk to one another!
We would return to the Adriana either as a couple or in the future with a family - fantastic resort and fantastic holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an area of 17 hectares, Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort has 439 rooms, providing family environment, diverse service offer and quality care. Situated in Olhos de Água, in the municipality of Albufeira, in the Algarve, this Resort is housed in natural environment and enjoys a privileged location next to the beach, guaranteeing the peace and privacy of our guests, yet ideal for holding events. The proximity of the city of Albufeira and Vilamoura tourist complex, two tourist destinations and animation of the region represents an alternative for those who prefer to explore the potential around the hotel. The All Inclusive concept takes in this hotel its highest expression, given that waiver include the diverse range of services provided. Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort offers a huge variety of buffets in our 3 Restaurants: A main Restaurant and two theme restaurants(availability and time-tables may change and are subject to seasonal demand), which include meat and fish dishes, as well as vegetarian options, freshly baked pizzas,soups, pasta, salads and desserts. Throughout the day, in addition to the main meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), there are snacks. Drinks are also included, throughout the day and during all meals. There is water, soft drinks, beer, wine and other alcoholic drinks. In our hotel, the All Inclusive offer theme nights, where our buffets change and give you the possibility of enjoying new dishes: Portuguese, asian, tropical, mexican and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquamarina Beach Club Hotel Olhos De Agua
- Aquamarina Beach Hotel
- Aquamarina Beach Albufeira
- Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort Portugal/Algarve - Albufeira