“Exactly what we wanted, would recommend!”

Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Olhos de Agua
cardiff
“Exactly what we wanted, would recommend!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Firstly please ignore the negative reviews! We stayed at the Adriana between 7/10 and 14/10 as a couple in the AA block. We did not mind being 'over the road' - we have legs and are more than happy to use them for the short walks around the complex. We did often walk up the road to the main reception as it was more direct - the security staff were amused by this as it seems other people had not worked this route out!
The food was plentiful and varied as much as is possible for catering all inclusive for a range of nationalities. The vegetarian lasagne was heavenly and I was disappointed it was only available on one evening! Every meal had a large choice, and you could be as healthy or as naughty as you wanted! I started off with plates of salad and fruit but had been tempted by the pancakes and churros by the end of the week - nom! The wine was lovely, the beer was ok ish but the cocktails and spirits are generously served! There are water dispensers all over the complex so take a water bottle with you to stay hydrated.
There were security guards doing regular patrols in golf buggies so we felt very safe at all times.
We spent most of our time by the smaller pool, there were little to no children and as we are a couple currently without children this environment was more appealing to us. This was ideal as there was the tropicana bar, Aquarius restaurant (breakfast only during our stay) and the grill. The main pool was a bit more lively and full of activities and plenty of loungers were available at both pools, with minimal reservations! Ha ha! The only problem that I personally did not like was the number of people who smoked around the pool (French guests) who did not consider other people with their cigarette buts and smoke, but it was manageable. The beach was lovely, the sand is very clean and a lovely dark colour. The steps were not an issue for us but people with mobility issues may struggle, however we personally preferred the environment around the pool as there was the music from the bar etc.
the beach was beautiful - we ran along the beach or the cliffs either for sunrise or sunset most days - breathtaking views, do not miss sunset! We also walked to Vilamoura - there is a decked path along the top of the beach - it was approx 3km gentle walk from the main reception and would highly recommend going to see the marina and the bars and restaurants. We ate out one evening for a change of scenery and treat and the people watching was great! We also got the free bus to Albufeira - make sure you book your place on the bus if you want to go! If we are honest we did not like Albufeira, it was too 'Brits Abroad' for us we would much more recommend visiting Vilamoura - one warning though although we walked to Vilamoura easily a taxi back was around €18-20 as the road network is not as direct as the beach walk so go in the day time to allow you to walk there and back (as we did one day) so you don't get caught out by the taxi fare as the path is not lit.
The only slight negatives were the towel fees (€10 deposit per towel and €1.50 to change for a clean one) so take your own if you have space and the wifi is chargeable in public areas. We didn't actually mind this as it was nice to have a break from Facebook and Twitter and actually talk to one another!
We would return to the Adriana either as a couple or in the future with a family - fantastic resort and fantastic holiday.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank guisey3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Polish first
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The 4 mad maidens went to Portugal, we upgraded to this hotel as were not pleased with reviews on previous hotel booked.
A honest review on our stay, we were disappointed with the size of the rooms for the amount we paid but that's where our disappointment ended.
Our rooms were very clean & towels changed daily & room cleaned daily, all areas were spotless, no litter etc.
We were welcomed by the staff, they were warm & friendly and did everything they could to make our stay a one to remember.
The pools are excellent & no fight for a sunbed, there is a sauna, steam room, & much more.
The beach is lovely even tho its 92 steps to reach it.
The food, amazing choice for everyone even tho we had 2 fussy eaters they were catered for.
We have high standards & expectations and these were met on every level. Bar staff were friendly & helpful, beer very good. There is entertainment everyday & night & the animation team work very hard
We are stunned to read the bad reviews that have been put on here & feel it is totally unjust, its not the hotels fault if there are wasps around as we all had them this year & always will.
Us Mad Maidens would return to this hotel next year for more fun & laughter.

Room Tip: Our block AA was across the way from the complex but it was not a problem at all.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Lossiemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

From the first welcome glass of champagne, the slick arrival at reception and the golf buggy ride to our accommodation, we knew this resort was going to be good.
The room was clean, spacious, garden view from balcony, close to main centre, bar, restaurant and pool.
We had decided on a lazy holiday and got it no problem, reading a book a day by the pool in the hot October sun, sipping a cold beer as and when we wanted, having meals whenever we got hungry. the 3 restaurants were superb with loads of choice. The Standard of fare was of the highest to cater for the high numbers of persons using the restaurants at main meal times .
The staff in all areas were true professionals , their customer care the best we have ever encountered. A special mention to the Automation Guys, who gave their all to entertain the holiday makers. Alas the thought of Aqua gym in the pool was far to strenuous for a lazy person like me, turning a page on my book was more than enough exercise and that's when I wasn't snoozing in the heat. Oh Humm, shall I have another cold beer?
Thank You Adriana it was great, we will come back one day.

Room Tip: Upgrade , you deserve it.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrdoody06
Portsmouth
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Adriana for 8 nights with our 2year old son and I wasn't over joyed by the experience.
I had been warned before arriving that our room was further away and we could upgrade if we wanted. I had decided that we'd be happy to walk knowing there were such beautiful gardens. What I didn't expect is for our room to be on the other side of the road to the resort!! Something I hadn't been prewarned about, especially as there is absolutely nothing other than rooms on in AA and AB block. So our daily routine was to go through one key operated gate, cross a road, go through another key operated door, go up a flight of stairs and then a very short walk of around 3 minutes and you'd be at the main part of the resort. I would say the distance never would have bothered me but we were left feeling very isolated and I just don't understand why they'd build 2 blocks of room completely shut off from the rest of the resort.
I did ring and ask to be moved but all that could be offered was a smaller room further away and up 2flights of stairs, we were told they were fully booked otherwise.
The food became very boring very quickly and lacked a lot of taste, by the last night I could just about bare to eat anything.
On a positive note, the location couldn't be more perfect, its views are beathe taking and everywhere was kept spotless.
All the staff are wonderful and so happy to help. The only staff I would say I found rude at times were some of the reception staff, they were at times very dismissive. I had wondered whether it was because I had complained about the room, but I tried to be fair and polite when I had asked to be moved so I had hoped not to offend but this is purely my own assumption.
The room is extremely basic, although we were given a large room which was kind of them but having seen the small rooms I don't know how they get away with calling them family rooms which can be shared by 3 people because they're far too small for families. The room was always kept so clean and the cleaning staff were so friendly and nice, again I couldn't fault them.
I know star ratings vary in different countries but the Adriana in my eyes certainly isn't 4stars, its more a 3 star.
I would suggest to anyone due to go to contact your holiday operator and ask for a room in the main complex and not in AA or AB block. Anyone travelling with young children would definitely be better suited in the main complex to avoid the flight of stairs if nothing else.
So would I go back to the Adriana? ?? Unfortunately no I wouldn't and I wouldn't recommend to a friend. Both my husband and I have come away from the holiday feeling disappointed we spent so much money and almost desperate to get back home by the end.
The pool, location and most of the staff make the resort wonderful but the rooms and food completely and utterly let it down.
I would also definitely recommend going into town, although there isn't a huge amount other than shops and restaurants it's just nice to see the town and get away from the resort. We got dropped off at the second drop off point and after looking around the shops there made our way down to the old town part of Albufeira which if you follow the general stream of people you'll easily find old town.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Hugaloving
Manchester
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed for a week in August and had a lovely holiday with our 1 year old daughter.
Room was basic but adequate and had everything we required.
Entertainment was good all day and night.
The food at the buffet was lovely. We really enjoyed the different theme nights and having stayed at other 4 star all inclusives we do feel that this was one of the best we have been to.
The pools were lovely and there are nice quieter places to relax in the garden areas.
The beach was beautiful but we did find the steep steps difficult with our little girl and pram. We also felt that the beach needed a bar or small snack cafe to serve food and drinks as you have to trek back up to the hotel for food and refreshments.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would return again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013
walsall
Reviewed 8 October 2013

booked at very short notice and more than happy with the cost and value for money.Buffet style food plentiful, varied and very edible.Room small but clean ,comfortable and well serviced.All the staff friendly polite helpful.The only down side is Faro airport which is totally inadequate for the numbers passing through it but no fault of the tour operater or hotel.We would certainly go back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We went to Portugal and stayed for a week at the Adrianna and I can say it has been a lovely stay. We were upgraded, the bathroom is massive with bath. The only thing is the bed is hard and pillows were very small, never seen such type before. The reception stahh Isabell and Nadiya is friendly and polite, special recognition goes to Milton, bar manager/supervisor he is ACE!! He remembers our name, extremely friendly and funny but very very hardworking, never stop, he is a Top man. Pool setting is beautiful and the beach is less than 5 minutes walk. Courteousy bus goes into the Old Town 4 days a week!! Food was ok, international choices, and the drinks are very good, not such as spain and egypt. Proper rose wine, proper tast of Pina Colada. Cheap to shop as well in Portugal!! There are loads of wasps so please bring a repellant of some sort. Don't know why but in the bar therre were loads and it follows you to the pool!! If you have children, do bring them there as its more for family wih young children, they have animation team with the children and kids creche too. We had 'proseco' drink type on arrival and everyday too as it's there for bfast, lunch and dinner. Will come back maybe not when school holidays. Dill and Keith

Room Tip: Quiet room Block E onwards, room 212 block E is good
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Falesia Hotel
Falesia Hotel
#4 of 154 in Albufeira
Be Live Family Palmeiras Village

Been to Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort? Share your experiences!