Welcomed into resort by friendly reception staff and due to being end of season informed we were being upgraded (moved to a room closer to centre). The standard rooms were very average, and noticed a tribe of ants in the bathroom. However it was the wasps that really spoilt it, it was impossible to relax by the pool as you were constantly swatting them away. You expect one or two every now and then but they were literally everywhere, you could not take a drink outside and the bar staff were swarmed by them, never seen anything like it!
We did complain about the lack of communication from resort managers as to what, if anything was being done about the wasps as a few people and couple of children got stung. The bottom line was they could not do anything about it whilst guests still using the complex.
We spent most of the time on the beach, visited Albufaria old town which was nice and walked along the beach to Vila Moura, where there is a nice marina, shops and restaurants.
The food was of a good variety and the entertainment team were very good. It's a real shame though that my main memory will be running and jumping around like a loon trying to escape the wasps! We would not go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an area of 17 hectares, Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort has 439 rooms, providing family environment, diverse service offer and quality care. Situated in Olhos de Água, in the municipality of Albufeira, in the Algarve, this Resort is housed in natural environment and enjoys a privileged location next to the beach, guaranteeing the peace and privacy of our guests, yet ideal for holding events. The proximity of the city of Albufeira and Vilamoura tourist complex, two tourist destinations and animation of the region represents an alternative for those who prefer to explore the potential around the hotel. The All Inclusive concept takes in this hotel its highest expression, given that waiver include the diverse range of services provided. Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort offers a huge variety of buffets in our 3 Restaurants: A main Restaurant and two theme restaurants(availability and time-tables may change and are subject to seasonal demand), which include meat and fish dishes, as well as vegetarian options, freshly baked pizzas,soups, pasta, salads and desserts. Throughout the day, in addition to the main meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), there are snacks. Drinks are also included, throughout the day and during all meals. There is water, soft drinks, beer, wine and other alcoholic drinks. In our hotel, the All Inclusive offer theme nights, where our buffets change and give you the possibility of enjoying new dishes: Portuguese, asian, tropical, mexican and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquamarina Beach Club Hotel Olhos De Agua
- Aquamarina Beach Hotel
- Aquamarina Beach Albufeira
- Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort Portugal/Algarve - Albufeira