So myself and 4 daughters (14, 13, 10 & 9) booked this 2 days prior to arriving. As per the reviews on here, we were expecting a fairly remote location, ok food & a mainly clean hotel. Prior to our arrival, I had emailed the hotel, requesting a room close to amenities. Their response was, as we'd booked a family room, these were located further out. So, we arrive after an approximate 30 mins airport transfers. Weather still balmy. First impressions were that the grounds were vast. Very vast. Passports given to the clerk, who noted that one of my daughters had just celebrated a birthday & had arranged for a surprise the following day (large b'day cake, cocktails/mocktails & a little prezzie-nice touch). Champagne reception was a nice touch too. Advised that we'd have a ride ride to our room in a gulf buggy-again, nice touch. So unfortunately, it went a little down hill from here. Room was quite a way out. Didn't really feel like we were part of the resort at all. We were in block ab. Even worse than that though, was what was awaiting us in the room....blood on the loo seat!! Really not nice at all. Then the fact we had ants (lots of them) & a TV missing, I proceeded to call reception. She advised me she could get housekeeping to come, but other than that, there wasn't anything that could be done. Brilliant. I requested to move, but they were (apparently) at 100% capacity. Credit where credit is due though, the manageress did personally request to see me the next morning, apologised & arranged for a TV to be put in the room. Ant issue remained for the entirety of our stay. The hotel itself is nice-mostly clean (tiny black flies were a total nuisance however, attracted to anything bright & apparently lovey the kids mocktails!). Didn't really have too many wasps. Cups were cleaned away frequently. The atmosphere was nice. Entertainment team were really great with the kids-they work rather tirelessly. The clientele was to my liking too-a good mix of young families & couples. I wouldn't say it was the best place for groups of lads. The food was frankly a let down. It almost felt like they were trying to cater to so many different tastes but actually ended up catering properly to none. It was bland, samey and quite frankly, at times, odd! I mean dog fish?! Bean casserole?! Thing is. You're stuck-there's nowhere else to grab a bite, so could become an issue (I actually sufficed with just salad & chips mostly)...therefor, I'd say the value for money is really rather poor. This wasn't a 'cheap' hotel for the 5 of us by any means. Similarly, don't ask for a spirit by brand, it's chargeable!! A little tight I'd say. Overall, if the price was right, I'd have no problems returning-but I'll defo be packing some bleach wipes & ant killer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an area of 17 hectares, Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort has 439 rooms, providing family environment, diverse service offer and quality care. Situated in Olhos de Água, in the municipality of Albufeira, in the Algarve, this Resort is housed in natural environment and enjoys a privileged location next to the beach, guaranteeing the peace and privacy of our guests, yet ideal for holding events. The proximity of the city of Albufeira and Vilamoura tourist complex, two tourist destinations and animation of the region represents an alternative for those who prefer to explore the potential around the hotel. The All Inclusive concept takes in this hotel its highest expression, given that waiver include the diverse range of services provided. Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort offers a huge variety of buffets in our 3 Restaurants: A main Restaurant and two theme restaurants(availability and time-tables may change and are subject to seasonal demand), which include meat and fish dishes, as well as vegetarian options, freshly baked pizzas,soups, pasta, salads and desserts. Throughout the day, in addition to the main meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), there are snacks. Drinks are also included, throughout the day and during all meals. There is water, soft drinks, beer, wine and other alcoholic drinks. In our hotel, the All Inclusive offer theme nights, where our buffets change and give you the possibility of enjoying new dishes: Portuguese, asian, tropical, mexican and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquamarina Beach Club Hotel Olhos De Agua
- Aquamarina Beach Hotel
- Aquamarina Beach Albufeira
- Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort Portugal/Algarve - Albufeira