Arrived mid morning to lovely welcome including champagne. We went as a family to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary and the staff couldn't do enough. Our ages ranged from 11 to 19 for the "kids" and 45 - 78 for adults. There was something for everyone.
Rooms were basic but very clean with ample necessities. Lovely sized bathroom and bedroom. We were in block T just along the side of the quiet pool, which meant we had to walk to reception and main pool. This was ideal as we had best of both worlds and meant we did some walking each day to burn off calories from all the food.
There are two distinct areas - the main pool near reception where all main entertainment takes place including daytime pool activities, sports etc. Quite lively with music most of day. This is near the main bar and restaurant.
We stayed in the quiet side of the complex, near the smaller pool, bar and grill. We loved this spot. Only downside was that to get a poolside sunbed you need to be up early in the morning. 7.30am? There were however plenty of loungers on grassy area next to pool.
Now the food. I had read with trepidation the mixed reviews regarding rood and being a foodie myself, was fairly wary. We needn't have worried. The choice was immense. Lunches and dinners - Salads, steaks, chicken, fresh fish, chips, potatoes, various desserts every day. Each day there were some different dishes included. Breakfast was vast with hot and cold food, cereals, yoghurts, eggs cooked in a variety of ways, cold meats, bacon, mushrooms, potatoes - and sweet pancakes, churros etc. There were plenty of drinks to choose from in the all inclusive, we didn't feel the need to buy any. Missed my Baileys but the Portuguese equivalent was good.
Entertainment was OK - local Portuguese singing, discos for the young and the entertainment crew did a good job of putting on mini shows.
Weather was fab and we were reluctant to leave the pool but did spend a few hours in Vilamoura. The hotel offer a free shuttle but service to Vila moura and Albufeira. Unless you are eating in these towns 4 hours was more than enough. locally there isn't really anywhere to walk to as the complex is fairly isolated, but with the shuttle service this doesn't really matter.
the beach was lovely, although my 75 year old parents thought the 90 steps down and back would be too much. The kids didn't bat an eyelid.
All in all a great holiday - absolutely NO complaints. Would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an area of 17 hectares, Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort has 439 rooms, providing family environment, diverse service offer and quality care. Situated in Olhos de Água, in the municipality of Albufeira, in the Algarve, this Resort is housed in natural environment and enjoys a privileged location next to the beach, guaranteeing the peace and privacy of our guests, yet ideal for holding events. The proximity of the city of Albufeira and Vilamoura tourist complex, two tourist destinations and animation of the region represents an alternative for those who prefer to explore the potential around the hotel. The All Inclusive concept takes in this hotel its highest expression, given that waiver include the diverse range of services provided. Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort offers a huge variety of buffets in our 3 Restaurants: A main Restaurant and two theme restaurants(availability and time-tables may change and are subject to seasonal demand), which include meat and fish dishes, as well as vegetarian options, freshly baked pizzas,soups, pasta, salads and desserts. Throughout the day, in addition to the main meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), there are snacks. Drinks are also included, throughout the day and during all meals. There is water, soft drinks, beer, wine and other alcoholic drinks. In our hotel, the All Inclusive offer theme nights, where our buffets change and give you the possibility of enjoying new dishes: Portuguese, asian, tropical, mexican and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquamarina Beach Club Hotel Olhos De Agua
- Aquamarina Beach Hotel
- Aquamarina Beach Albufeira
- Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort Portugal/Algarve - Albufeira