Me, my wife and our 6 year old daughter stopped at the Aquamarina Beach Club for 14 nights in July 2009.
The first thing I should point out is that it is actually 2 hotels now combined into one complex – The Aquamarina Beach Club and the Adriana Beach Club. When we checked in this concerned me a little, but completely unnecessarily. In effect you have the benefits of both facilities including 3 restaurants, 2 large pools plus children’s pools as well as tennis courts, mini-golf etc. I think it works well. You can walk from one side of the complex to the other in 5 minutes but they do ferry people round in golf carts if you can’t be bothered to walk!
The grounds in which the hotels reside are superbly tended and the accommodation seems consistent between both parts – our room was spotless and well appointed and even had a fridge in the room. The grounds are very well maintained and the pools were clean (no ear infections or sore eyes). Towels were changed daily and bed-linen changed weekly.
Of the 3 restaurants on offer, there is a Grill restaurant, a Pizzeria and the larger main restaurant located in the Adriana half of the complex. The grill is a cut down version of the main restaurant and the pizzeria also has more pasta dishes. There are reviews I have read which drone on about the repetitiveness of the food – All I can say is that I managed to have a good variety of lots of different foods and you could have something different every night on a 2 week break if you wanted. Yes, chips are available every day (even at breakfast) but it’s not compulsory to eat them! I guess many are fussy eaters or try and eat some of everything every night – in which case, yes it could be repetitive - but why not take the opportunity of trying something different or discipline yourself to have (as you would at home) one starter, one main and one dessert? Unlike many hotels, they do seem allow cropped trousers (below the knee) in the restaurants in the evening.
Many reviews seem to complain about plastic glasses – this was sometimes the case but to be honest, where you have children playing around pools or around the dance floors, isn’t this a good idea? Other reviews complain that it’s not up to 4 star standards – I really don’t know what they are after? Any 4 star holiday resort is unlikely to match the standards of a 4 star hotel in London or Paris. Perhaps I could suggest the moaners go there next time on holiday?
The staff are all very friendly and helpful and the entertainment team did a sterling job. The entertainment I would suggest is more geared towards children, with different entertainment laid on each night on a 7 day rotation so, if like us you go for 14 days, some of the shows will be repeated, much to the delight of my daughter! The bar staff work hard and the longest I had to queue to get a drink at the bar was about 2 minutes, which is a darn site better than my local!
On the negative side, the hotel is positioned in the middle of nowhere so I would suggest it might be a bit remote for younger couples. You can walk to Villamoura via the beach (about 45 minutes) and the hotel does lay on a regular courtesy but transfers to Albufeira (take my advice, you want the THIRD stop if you want the shops – it’s a long walk from stop 2!!).
The hotel seems to attract more French and German than British – the only negative there is the lack of discipline for queuing from our European counterparts, particularly with regard to the free bus service! To balance the books however, in terms of sun-beds, it’s the Brits (not the Germans or French!!) who seem to do the lion’s share of sun-bed reservation. On the second week if your towel wasn’t occupying a position before 9:00 then you might have struggled and I can imagine that August would be quite busy in the restaurants and round the pool. Sun-beds and parasols are provided on the beach too which is accessible by 92 wooden steps (what a feat of engineering!!).
As the title says, thoroughly good holiday, great hotel, nice people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an area of 17 hectares, Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort has 439 rooms, providing family environment, diverse service offer and quality care. Situated in Olhos de Água, in the municipality of Albufeira, in the Algarve, this Resort is housed in natural environment and enjoys a privileged location next to the beach, guaranteeing the peace and privacy of our guests, yet ideal for holding events. The proximity of the city of Albufeira and Vilamoura tourist complex, two tourist destinations and animation of the region represents an alternative for those who prefer to explore the potential around the hotel. The All Inclusive concept takes in this hotel its highest expression, given that waiver include the diverse range of services provided. Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort offers a huge variety of buffets in our 3 Restaurants: A main Restaurant and two theme restaurants(availability and time-tables may change and are subject to seasonal demand), which include meat and fish dishes, as well as vegetarian options, freshly baked pizzas,soups, pasta, salads and desserts. Throughout the day, in addition to the main meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), there are snacks. Drinks are also included, throughout the day and during all meals. There is water, soft drinks, beer, wine and other alcoholic drinks. In our hotel, the All Inclusive offer theme nights, where our buffets change and give you the possibility of enjoying new dishes: Portuguese, asian, tropical, mexican and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquamarina Beach Club Hotel Olhos De Agua
- Aquamarina Beach Hotel
- Aquamarina Beach Albufeira
- Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort Portugal/Algarve - Albufeira