I went on holiday to Adriana Beach Club with my mum, dad and sister and after reading some of the reviews were unsure of what we had booked. However, from getting onto the site and starting to look around we realised that worried were nothing. The reception staff were fantastic getting us everything we needed quickly, as we had had a delay of over 12 hours and had been up for 24.
We got into our rooms which were perfectly clean, and yes basic but for an all inclusive hotel you don't need a lot, we're happy if we get a bed to sleep in thats cleaned daily. The maids always cleaned the rooms daily and you could see that the sheets were changed as well as your towels. They were fitted with air con, balcony and the basic bathroom set up.
The pool was beyond clean, the water was cold, however, sitting in a heat of over 40 the pool was perfectly refreshing. The pool staff are not like some other reviewers have stated, they are overly friendly, you can see them all day and are up and about, making sure the beds, umbrellas, tables and chairs are safe for using. At ngiht once the pool is closed you see them out cleaning all of the surfaces down, cleaning the pool and making sure everything is in line with each other and all of the beds have an umbrella or table.
The entertainment team, and entertainment that was on offer had ups and downs, the entetainment team I couldn't fault, there always came and said hello during the day and evening. They spoke a variety of languages and it was great because it was over not just english folks here, meaning we get a bit of a different culture. Some of the entertainment was the same each week, as it was so popular and other weeks would change. The day time entertainment was the normal, volleyball, football, table tennis etc. The aquagym was on twice a day and as we went a long our holiday the groups were getting bigger because of the entertainment team members that were running them. Each used a variety of different excercises meaning you were not doing the same things. They also ran a competition were you could we a cocktail, the cocktail games were generally always amusing to watch and take part in as they were not your usual games.
The food that was on offer was filled with variety and excitment. I was not always up for breakfast in the morning, however, when I was I found that the food was always the same however, its breakfast, at home not your normally have the same thing everyday? The snacks on after breakfast were the same throughout the day, crisps, cakes, breads, salad, burger and hot dogs! The lunchtime meal we felt was, better than dinner they always had on a different fish that is not always seen in the UK very much-Dover sole, Swordfish, Perche, Meage. Me being a very fussy eater I still found the options of food to have acceptable. I may have gone for the typical, chips or pasta first however, there was always something else I could have like pork, chicken, stir fries, pizza, and salad.
The evening meals and staff were very friendly, you would get taken to a table and then get to go and pick your food. The fruit that they had at any meal times were always fresh and full of flavour(not like you get in the UK). There was only one bit of food that a lot of British went for and that was the pigs in blankets. I would like to warn you that they are not the typical pigs in blankets, the Portugese have them with banana rapped in bacon!!
There was a free bus service to Alburferia and you could get on it from the hotel reception and be come back on any of the other bus times for the hotel. There was Thomas Cook rep, however, we would have like to have seen a lot more of her, as we often had to go and find her and it wasn't always easy as she was often off site. We had a little problem when we had quite a fews ants crawing around our room, by the windows, however, after telling reception, and coming back up from dinner and the evening entertainment, they had gone and the staff and cleaned it all up!!! The maids, and all staff delt with any problems straight away and you wouldn't have to go back to reception asking again and again for it too be sorted.
The overall holiday I couldn't fault, as being 18 myself and looking for a holiday to go on next year with my friends, if I had the money I would without a doubt go back to this hotel. The weather we had was perfect, we couldn't of asked for better. We have been to Portugal before and loved the weather being roasting during the day but having that baeutiful breeze in the evening.
5 Thumbs Up and this hotel should be a 5 star hotel!!!! We Loved It!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an area of 17 hectares, Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort has 439 rooms, providing family environment, diverse service offer and quality care. Situated in Olhos de Água, in the municipality of Albufeira, in the Algarve, this Resort is housed in natural environment and enjoys a privileged location next to the beach, guaranteeing the peace and privacy of our guests, yet ideal for holding events. The proximity of the city of Albufeira and Vilamoura tourist complex, two tourist destinations and animation of the region represents an alternative for those who prefer to explore the potential around the hotel. The All Inclusive concept takes in this hotel its highest expression, given that waiver include the diverse range of services provided. Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort offers a huge variety of buffets in our 3 Restaurants: A main Restaurant and two theme restaurants(availability and time-tables may change and are subject to seasonal demand), which include meat and fish dishes, as well as vegetarian options, freshly baked pizzas,soups, pasta, salads and desserts. Throughout the day, in addition to the main meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), there are snacks. Drinks are also included, throughout the day and during all meals. There is water, soft drinks, beer, wine and other alcoholic drinks. In our hotel, the All Inclusive offer theme nights, where our buffets change and give you the possibility of enjoying new dishes: Portuguese, asian, tropical, mexican and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquamarina Beach Club Hotel Olhos De Agua
- Aquamarina Beach Hotel
- Aquamarina Beach Albufeira
- Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort Portugal/Algarve - Albufeira