“Private Villa with a Great Pool!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
mrskchapm...
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Private Villa with a Great Pool!”
Reviewed 25 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018
person found this review helpful

I have just returned from a weeks stay at Villa Florguida. I visited with my husband and our 2 daughters, aged 8 & 14.

I always try to leave an honest review so will do that here.

I have given 5 stars based on getting good value for the price as it’s hard to get a private pool at this price anywhere near albufeira.

Location
The villa is in a small cul de sac down the side of the 3 Maria’s bar. You could probably manage Wihout a car but I would recommend one as it’s a bit of a sander to shops. We used drive 4 fun and rented a car. We also got taxis (used Uber) at night. Taxis are more expensive when it’s busier so ranged from €7-€16 each way to old town and between €5-€10 to new town.

Olhos seemed a nice town but we didn’t go there much (cafe creme did do a nice ice cream)

Good Points
- the villa was very clean
- the owner is very friendly and was available if we needed anything during our stay
- the pool is amazing- nice and big for a private pool , ranging from 0.9m-2m deep ( was cleaned once a week to)
- outside space was great, plenty of room for lounging around the pool, a lovely we outdoor area to sit and eat in the shade
- barbecue was a good addition
- rooftop had space and although no furniture we got some nice pictures from up there
- washing line
- parking was great, very secure drive with gates (although a little awkward to reverse into we managed in an estate car though)
- sun loungers - there were 6, all with cushions (so you didn’t have to lie on the hard plastic ones)
- 2 sun umbrellas
- towels were replaced mid week by the owners Mum who lives next door but she enters her house from another road so we never saw her
- amenities included washing machine, microwave,dishwasher, iron, hair dryer, fridge freezer, TV (that had a USB port so we brought the Chromecast for Netflix)
- coffee machines (Dulce gusto and a filter one)
- WiFi was the best we have had in Portugal
- air con - was brill and is in each room (although no batteries in the remote for living room and I kept forgetting to buy some but wasn’t an issue)
- private - the best thing for us having a self conscious teenage girl was how private the villa was, not overlooked but felt safe as still could hear neighbours (and the odd dog bark)
- welcome pack was nice touch - contained bread, water, wine and teabags

Improvements
As I said at the start of the review, we believe we got good value for money getting the outdoor space with pool but I also want to be honest so have included the below points to leave an honest review. I believe if the below items were addressed the villa may be more costly to rent though.
- the beds are very hard to lie on and could do with upgrading as our backs were sore by the end of the week (1 pillow each)
- the inside of the house could do with the furniture being updated as it’s old
-we kept running out of hot water in the shower which is above a bath with a shower curtain. However the owner did say she would turn the hot water up and mentioned it had never been an issue before so I said not to worry too much at all.
- some of the other owners apartments/ villas we have stayed in had more basic items left by previous renters. ( also no oven gloves here). I assume the owner clears everything out each time (as the place was spotless) which is fine but a suggestion may be to leave some stuff renters leave ie we left stuff we bought such as packs of toilet roll, kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, washing powder, dishcloths and washing up liquid, tinfoil , red sauce, salt , coffee pods.

As noted above, there are a lot more positives than negatives to this place and I would highly recommend it if you are looking a good value, clean , private villa that is not too far from Albufeira.

We had a fantastic week!

Thank You!

genettemc...
County Meath, Ireland
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 12 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018
person found this review helpful

Beautiful house and pool in quiet location, yet very close to everything.
Clean comfortable house with everything we needed.

brencolga...
Dundalk, Ireland
“Central yet private location.A very pleasurable stay in June 18”
Reviewed 1 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Recently returned from Villa Florguida having spent a very relaxing and pleasurable 9 days there.The villa is well located,close to all amenities yet still very private at the end of a cul de sac.The house itself and the pool were clean and well maintained and we had our bed clothing and towels changed mid stay.Really enjoyed my stay here with my wife and 4 sons and probably appreciate it more now that I am home.Would definitely consider returning.

Jane M
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great location, well equipped villa with lovely pool”
Reviewed 30 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

Location good for local shops, restaurants and exploring. Bus links and taxis nearby and parking at the villa. Pool a decent size, clean and well maintained. The villa itself had everything we needed and attention paid to detail. We might have struggled in height of summer without aircon. The owner was friendly, helpful and answered our queries quickly. Good holiday -would recommend.

Management Response
2 Jun 2017
Thank you very much for your review!
We are managing to have air con next summer!
Was very nice to have you at our Villa!
Kind regards
Telma Santos
Seaside56...
“Little Gem”
Reviewed 7 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

A really lovely villa. Had a very relaxing and peaceful holiday here with my husband.
Would love to visit again sometime.
Thank you Telma and Floripes.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Private pool
Liked least: Only Portuguese tv channels
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Reviewed 30 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

davidmwp2...
Newbridge, Ireland
“Loved it....Again”
Reviewed 23 September 2016 for a stay in May 2016

My second stay here, also stayed in 2015. I can pay no higher compliment than that.

The villa even extensive work done on the windows and doors since I stayed last year.

Love this place,

Thanks again

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing