We had a lovely time in Madeira and want to thank the whole staff of the Hotel for their kindness and friendly service. The dinner in the Bacchus restaurant is a fine experience both in flavour and presentation. The room was very fine and the roomservice excellent. Fine swimmingpool and lovely terrace with a magnificent view over the bay and the sea. We will return to this hotel again in the future, a truly wonderful holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the southern coast of Madeira Island At an altitude of 400 meters from sea level Surrounded by vineyards in the best wine-growing area of Madeira Situated only a few meters from Levada do Norte, one of the longest irrigation channels of Madeira Panoramic view facing the Atlantic Ocean and Desertas Islands Only 15 minutes from Funchal About 40 minutes from the International Airport of MadeiraTransportation: Transportation three times a day to Funchal in the courtesy bus Taxi station a few metres from the hotel or directly at the reception door if requested Bus stop to Funchal and other destinations to the west part of the island, about 5 minutes walking from the hotelParking Facilities:Free, in the hotel grounds Underground free garage for guestsRooms:44 Double Rooms (21m² or 25.4m²) spread over three floors, situated on the hillside, below the centenary main house2 suites (17,6m2 + 17,6m2)8 rooms with king size beds38 twin rooms8 inter connecting rooms1 twin room specially equipped for guests on wheel chair Room Facilities: Private balcony with a superb view overlooking the vineyards and the Atlantic ocean Oak-wood flooring Bathrooms with Portuguese marble combined and oak-wood Bath with shower Heated towel-rack Selection of bathroom amenities Air conditioning and heating individually controlled Electronic in-room safe free of charge Bathrobes Room slippers Direct dialling telephone Possibility of Internet access Large chair Dressing table with mirror Hair-dryer Cable TV with 16 channels 1 television channel with ambient music Video system with 4 paid channels of movies in one only daily package Wake-up and message system with ambient music through the TV setAdditional services at the Quinta do Estreito: Room next to the garage for deposit and cleaning of the mountain boots, after the trekking Non Smoking rooms available Access to room floors through access ramp, lift and stairs Centenary house equipped with lift and stairs Library in the centenary house with an breathtaking panoramic view Reserved area in the restaurant for non smokers Separated swimming pool for children Swimming pool with a thermostatically controlled temperature of 25 degrees 2 saunas available free of charge all day Biological agriculture area Magnificent gardens and green areas with paths surrounding the property (Paved paths of hand cut rock) Relaxation and rest areas Garden corners with different features Olive tree field A vast lavender field in front of the bedrooms Typical corridor of wine-yards Free reception of faxes Sending service of faxes at Reception Laundry service with delivers in 24 hours Organization of dry cleaning service (outside the hotel) Breakfast in the room from 7:30 to 10:30 Bar service to rooms from 10:00 to 24:00 1 gourmet international restaurant, 1 typical Madeira food restaurant, a tropical bar by the swimming pool and a cocktail bar an veranda in the centenary house Reserved area in the entrance hall for assistance from tour operatorsThe details that make the difference at Charming Hotels: The Resident Manager personally receives all arriving guests and will maintain a personal and regular contact with them to ensure their satisfaction and anticipate their requirements. All our guests are accompanied to their room on arrival Gift on arrival of Madeira Wine & Madeira cake Free room safe, bath robe and slippers Free use of sauna, Turkish bath, Sensations shower, Jacuzzi, panoramic fitness room, and relaxation rooms at any of the other hotels inside the Group Guests on Half Board may eat from the À la carte menu, at no extra charge Guests on Half Board may eat at any of the Restaurants of Charming Hotels at no extra charge A policy of addressing our guests by name A policy of special attention to all our guests needs A policy of always being willing and able to help our guests A policy of making everything possibleRestaurants & Bars in Quinta do Estreito:Bacchus Restaurant: Situated in the centenary main house it provides the most demanding client a choice between two rooms of distinct atmosphere. The menu offers creative dishes that combine local produce with herbs and spices used in cooking from all over the world. The Executive Chef uses fresh herbs grown in the garden and only fresh produce that is carefully selected in the local farmers market.The Bacchus dining room is decorated in keeping with the original architecture of the house, and presents a wonderfully welcoming atmosphereThe winter garden room, a non-smoking area, creates a cool yet elegant environment, perfect for those warm Madeira evenings.The service is a full a-la-carte complemented by the chef’s daily suggestions. Open for lunch and dinner.Adega da Quinta RestaurantMade for guests who appreciate the local food, Adega da Quinta is situated at the bottom end of the property, between the organic agriculture and lavender fields.With a privileged position, it was carefully re-built to keep the traditional architecture and original materials. The lodge, with its barrels full of Madeira wines, “ginja” and local brandy is in a restored stone house, which existed already in this old and famous wine producing Quinta.It offers one conservatory and several tables in the exterior, situated in front of the wine lodge and the open cooking area, near to the grill and bread oven.Open for lunch and dinner, everyday except Mondays.Cypress BarServes the pool area with drinks and original snacks. Open for light lunches. Relaxing atmosphere with cane chairs and wood sun umbrellas.Vintage BarSituated in the Centenary main house in the floor above the restaurant, it is the ideal place to have a pre dinner drink or meet people in the evenings.The Royal Tea or Coffee, with freshly made scones and pastries is also be served in the sitting room or veranda balcony.Camélia Conference Room Dimensions: Total area 36m² Length 6.60 m Width 5.50 m Height 2.55 m Centre table – 3.50 m X 1.13m Air conditioning and heatingCapacity: Convention Type – 24 School Type – 12 U Type table – 16 One Table – 12 Reception – 30 Banquet – 24Equipment included: Flipchart appropriate paper and colour pens White board with colour pens A4 size sheets and pen for participants Bottles of water for presidential tableSpecific audiovisual equipment: Possibility of providing a large range of audiovisual equipment. The quotation must be requested in advance as well as the material needed.Coffee Breaks & Menus for Business Lunches: A full selection available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TravelUp and Hotels.com so you can book your Quinta Do Estreito reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Do Estreito Funchal
- Quinta Do Estreito Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Do Estreito Camara De Lobos, Madeira, Portugal