Spent one week all-inclusive vacation in this hotel with my family. While almost everything has been discussed in this forum, I will pick the main pros an cons
First, about all-inclusive option: Non-alcoholic drinks and local alcoholic drinks are complimentary from 11AM to 10PM. Breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet included as well. Outside meal serving hours, ice cream and sandwiches (occasionally pizza) is available from pool bar. The buffet food is ok for first days but then it starts to be repeating itself. This is good option if you plan to spend most of your vacation at the hotel or nearby beach.
Rooms are large with private balcony. There is fridge and cooking facilities if the all-inclusive option is not for you. Daily cleaning is effective and maids are very polite. Air conditioning comes at extra cost but on other hand is very effective. Rooms face to pool area and noise from low-quality evening programme at pool bar might disturb your or your kids sleep
You need to go across a busy road to get to the beach. Beach is not particularly nice and we spent most of the time at hotel. Pool area at hotel is nice though.
If you get bored to pool life at hotel, a local bus takes you to Chania city in 20 minutes (just jump in and pay for the cashier). Personally, i recommend renting car and exploring the Island. Europcar rental agency is just 2 blocks away. They have very good fleet with normal Europcar pricing/warranty policy (except full insurance is included), so there is no need to pay more for travel agent to get you a car. Just be careful in narrow mountain roads.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Creta Palm Hotel is situated in a small village called Kato Stalos and it is only 7 km far away from the city of Chania, 19 km from the port of Souda and 23 km from airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Creta Palm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creta Palm Hotel Kato Stalos
- Creta Palm Crete/Chania - Stalos