We stayed here for 2 weeks in September 2011 and if you want a quiet, relaxing holiday I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. The staff are extremely considerate, very helpful and approachable as well as friendly and very professional. Rooms and public areas are bright and airy, the complimentary breakfast was fresh and delicious each morning, the beds were comfortable and rooms were cleaned and linen changed each day bar Sunday. The hotel has a lovely garden, a small, peaceful and immaculate pool area with sun loungers and a pool bar. The view from the rooms were fantastic and all had balconies. There was a road that ran along side the beach and there must have been some traffic noise but I can't remember noticing it much. We walked for miles along the beach which was literally down the steps of the hotel and across the said road. These steps are the only down side of this hotel, there are 97 of them and need to be negotiated each time you leave the hotel (you can go round by the road which is longer, but still steep) we had no problem with them, they are wide and well lit at night and helped us walk off all the extra food we consumed on holiday! But it is something to be aware of when contemplating booking. The beaches along this stretch of coast are all blue flag and are safe to swim and snorkel in. We often walked from Kato Stalos to Agia Marina and Plantinias along the beach, lots of tavernas and sun loungers available along the way. If you go in the opposite direction you will discover quiet coves to swim and sunbathe in, Iguana Beach is also delightful to just laze around in, 7euros each for the day. If you want to explore the area buses are frequent and stop at the bottom of the hotel steps going to Plantinias, Kissamos etc or in the other direction into Chania (approx every 15-30 mins). Ate in lots of different restaurants, tried all the local and more obscure dishes and never had one bad experience, the food is very good and the people serving us were all lovely. All in all a great holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Renieris Hotel in Kato Stalos sits upon a hill with a spectacular view of Kato Stalos beachfront, the Theodorou island and the blue Aegean Sea and only 200 meters away from the sandy beach. Enjoy beautiful sunsets while bathing in our custom pool with a separate children's pool. Our amphitheater-style design captures sea views in almost all of our rooms. Our hotel is family owned and operated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Renieris Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renieris Hotel Kato Stalos
- Renieris Hotel Crete/Chania - Stalos