“FIRST CLASS .....”
Review of Renieris Hotel

Renieris Hotel
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Stalos
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Having just returned from Renieris Hotel I must agree with all the other reviews that this was one of the best hotels I have stayed in - spotlessly clean with sheets and towels being changed daily and the family making us feel so welcome.

Stalos is within walking distance from the Hotel, where there are restaurants and bars but if you want to go further afield then take the bus into either Chania or various villages along the coast for 1.60 euro.

The 97 steps from the beach to the Hotel would be the only negative point but it would not stop me from returning. I am in fact looking for flights for May 2014 !

The Reniers family are so committed to looking after their guests and this is such a rare quality which other hotels should adopt - 10 out of 10 !

Room Tip: Room on top floor overlooking pool area
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank transtravel

Reviewed 4 October 2013

This was my first trip alone ever, so I only booked for 4 nights to test the water. I found it enough time to chill out and meet some really lovely people. I got the local bus from the airport to Chania [following instructions from the hotel] at a cost of 2.60 euro then taxi from the bus station to the hotel cost 12 euro. It costs 40 euro if you do the whole journey by taxi or less than 4 euro if you do it by bus. It was all very simple. The Renieris family work so hard to make sure your holiday is perfect. I injured my leg, and they took me to a local restaurant in their car as I was struggling to walk, even though they do food themselves.I was also offered a lift to the bus station for the journey home. It was all faultless. Would I return? I came home yesterday and I would go back tomorrow!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank anonYorkshire
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights of our break in Crete, The stairs up to the hotel when you arrived looked epic! Once your up there its totally worth it.....The view! Amazing amazing view.
The owners are lovely and nothing is ever too much trouble.
The rooms were basic by very very clean and comfortable. The free WIFI is better then anywhere i've ever stayed, really really quick and available everywhere. The food at Lunch time around the pool is amazing, really cheap but great taste and service. When we checked out to stay in our next stop the lovely Gorgious managed to help us get a upgrade at our next stop!! (he used ot work there) All round a great little base for exploring Crete. This hotel is one I will return too!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

It's a nice, simple hotel run by a caring couple. They do the best with simple means. Most or all rooms with sea view. It's a bit above the main street, which makes it a less noisy place. Great breakfast with Mediterranean flavour. Free WiFi, hotel pool, a short walk down to a sandy beach and 15 minutes to the centre of Chania.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Fantastic hotel. We stayed here in September. Everything about the place is lovely - beautiful views over the bay, lovely people, nice clean rooms and the lunches were great. Even the steps down to the town didn't put us off (it helped burn off a few calories!). We could find nothing to fault here. We would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This place is an absolute gem! It is amazing, having found it on TA, I went not knowing what to expect.... Brilliant is the answer. Giorgios and his family were great, organising a taxi, sorting out day trips, helping us plan our stay, nothing was ever to much. The service is what you would expect in 4 & 5 star hotel. Everything was enjoyable, the view, the people, the breakfast, the place... brilliant. The food in the bar was fantastic, excellent portions, enough for two and the roast potatoes were yummy, try them. The tzatziki was delicious too. Simple and brilliant! The view out of the bedroom window was breathtaking. The 97 steps down will keep you fit and it is a pleasant walk back up! Also you have access to free wifi, another plus, definitely 5 Star - loved it.

Room Tip: Sea view is a must - view is incredible
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed six nights at the end of August. On arrival we received a warm welcome. Our room had a bacony overlooking the pool and Kato Stalos beyond.
We enjoyed the buffet breakfasts and also the light meals availabe by the pool. We walked into Kato Stalos for our evening meals , a 10 minute walk, where there was a good selection of restaurants. We loved the pool, the views and the 24/7 free tea and coffee.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Epernay51
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stalos
Elounda Garden Suites
#1 of 111 in Chania Town
Cretan Dream Royal
Cretan Dream Royal
#2 of 22 in Stalos

Been to Renieris Hotel? Share your experiences!