We had a hard time finding the place with a rental car due to the fact that we made the mistake of not bringing a GPS and due to some misinformation we received from a guy we asked for directions. After realizing that we were close (near "Maria's Restaurant"), we called and asked to have someone meet us in front of the restaurant. Within 5-10 minutes, Stella, who runs the hotel along with her son Giorgio met us an we followed her up the hill.
After the exhausting and annoying travel and search for the hotel, we finally entered our room. Upon opening the balcony door and seeing the wonderful view of the Mediterranean Sea and the nice hotel pool, our mood changed in a heartbeat.
Here are our overall impressions:
1) The property grounds are in perfect shape. The pool and breakfast area are not only very pretty, but also very conveniently laid out.
2) The free daily breakfast is more than reasonable. There is a good variety of food. Stella and Giorgio will try to accommodate your every wish. No request seems to be too burdensome for them.
3) The rooms are fairly small, yet very clean and pretty functional. The same goes for the shower and the bathroom.
4) Undoubtedly, the highlight of this premise is ***Giorgio***. I am confident that he is as informative, nice and friendly of a hotel owner as you will find anywhere in the world. Every day, he took his time to explain all the different tourist sights and options around the island. He hand drew directions, instructions on where to park, what restaurants to go to, etc. He was correct 100% of the times. He even went a step further and provided information on useful web sites/phone apps for airline tickets and GPS features.
We had trouble with the engine of our rental car (had to get a different car) in the middle of our trip. He even tried helping with the troubleshooting of the issue and arranging a different car for us. IT seemed like he and his mom were around the property around the clock, trying to please the guests' every wish.
If we ever visit Crete again, Renieris will undoubtedly be on top of our list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Renieris Hotel in Kato Stalos sits upon a hill with a spectacular view of Kato Stalos beachfront, the Theodorou island and the blue Aegean Sea and only 200 meters away from the sandy beach. Enjoy beautiful sunsets while bathing in our custom pool with a separate children's pool. Our amphitheater-style design captures sea views in almost all of our rooms. Our hotel is family owned and operated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Renieris Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renieris Hotel Kato Stalos
- Renieris Hotel Crete/Chania - Stalos