A truly beautiful hotel, but nothing to do unless the sun is shining. Although rated 5* by the Cretans, we would give it 4* rating! but 2* for the food which was repetitive and unappealing. Lovely view if you have a room on the front overlooking pool, but abysmal if you have a side-facing room as overlooking building site! We were moved from side view room to pool view room after 5 days even though we had booked a sea view but unfortunately the 'best' rooms are also over the restaurant and consequently we were woken each morning at 6.30 by restaurant staff preparing for breakfast and kept awake at night, especially when the hotel manager decided to hold a meeting under our room and then spent 2 hours berating his staff in a loud and unprofessional manner. All the other staff were superb - friendly, courteous and helpful.
We could not understand why the only bar open was outside and in the evening it was cold and therefore very few people bothered to use it, even though there was a beautiful lounge inside with a lovely bar which was not open - hence no ambience, precious little to keep guests up. Entertainment virtually non-existent and that which there was - a lobster evening which they wanted you to pay 39 Euros extra for per head for the pleasure of sitting outside and a Cretan evening costing 10 Euros per head? Same with the a la carte restaurant - also outside and therefore hardly used!!! Nearest town Chania which was 5 kilometres away, so nothing near the hotel to go to which might have helped entertainment wise. The shop in the hotel - stocked, but not open - what is that all about?
We hired a car for 3 days which was great and we saw a lot of Crete which is a beautiful island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cretan Dream Royal is a new 5-star hotel, 6 km from Chania towards Platanias, in Kato Stalos,offering luxurious accommodation.Cretan Dream Royal is opposite (20 meters) of the beach of Kato Stalos and has access to the beach through an underground tunnel.Another feature of the Cretan Dream Royal hotel is the main fine-dining restaurant as well as an informal tavern with an a al carte menu. There is also an elegant pool bar with outside seating so you can enjoy a cocktail along with fabulous ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Cretan Dream Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cretan Dream Royal Hotel Kato Stalos
- Cretan Dream Royal Chania
- Cretan Dream Royal Crete/Chania - Stalos