We decided at the last minute to take a W/E break in Cornwall, but with so much choice where should we start - trip advisor! The Valley looked great on their own web site, but TA reviews really sold the place, plus the fantastically quick replies we got to our Emails from Joss at the Valley - they even gave us a discount for taking the Mother-in-law.
Super welcome, beautiful lodge/cottage felt like it has just been built, free wi-fi, great showers, comfy beds, just brilliant. I think it would be easy to pick on little points that could be better, but that would really be picky in the extreme. It was an added bonus to have somewhere to drop in to after a day at the beach, have a swim (yes, the pools are quite small, but it isn't supposed to be center parcs - see what I mean, too picky) then a bite to eat, a chat & and a pint whilst the kids play in a safe environment. The benefits are too long to list from a takeaway service to morning papers delivered with a note with daily suggestions of places/things to do. Overall the place oozes quality and has convinced me of the value of a British holiday at such a well managed place with virtually nothing left to chance and a group of people have put a lot of thought & effort into creating a superb destination.
Thanks The Valley, see you for longer next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Valley is an exclusive collection of 5 star luxury cottages set within a scenic valley in the heart of Cornwall. Enjoy indoor and outdoor pools, tennis, squash and contemporary bar and restaurant, all within the security of a 13 acre gated environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Valley Hotel Carnon Downs
- The Valley Carnon Downs, Cornwall