“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carnon Downs
Fareham
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here 4 times now (once with friends and 3 times for work). The staff are welcoming and friendly. The rooms are really large and always very clean. The restaurant next door is OK - not the best food in the world for dinner but they do a good breakfast. Location not bad if you have a car - 5 minute drive to Truro and 10 minutes drive to Falmouth. A bit of a pain without a car I would guess. All in all very good.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Clean, friendly, helpful, spacious room. I would def stay again, really comfy beds and a great nights sleep. Great location with easy access to other places of interest. I would def recommend as staff are very helpful and friendly. Fresh fluffy towels and a cleaned room every day :)

Room Tip: Be aware that a twin room has a double and a single so you may have to toss a coin
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
HELSTON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Premier Inn Carnon Downs with my partner and had booked a disabled room as I am a full time wheelchair user. I was fully aware that the bathroom didn't have a roll in shower / wet room which I usually require but for one night was happy to manage with a regular bath.

What I wasn't prepared for was the size of the bed. It was 135cm (4'6") wide and pretty low. As I need to turn regularly through the night and need a bit of room to do so this bed was no way suitable for the two of us. My impression from the website and TV advertising was that the beds were all kingsize, this certainly wasn't the bed you see Lenny Henry sleeping in! I raised this at reception and was told by a very apologetic member of staff that not all rooms have kingsize beds as stated in the terms. Since reading the website accessibilty statement I can now see this but I do think it should be more prominent.

The upshot was that we decided to book a second room to give us both the opportunity of getting some sleep. However my bed was not at all comfortable and I didn't get a great deal of sleep and my partner, spent half the night awake wondering if I was ok!

I mentioned this when checking out and the staff member was excellent. She offered immediately to refund the cost of both rooms under the 'good night guarantee'. I was delighted with the customer service offered and by the response and attitude of all the staff members encountered.

So, I would thoroughly recommend this hotel but advise anyone requiring a disabled room to call the hotel to discuss your requirements to see if suitable.

I'm staying at a Premier Inn in Norwich later in the year and have managed to confirm the room better suits my needs.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank David R
Salisbury, Wilts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Excellent stay. Friendly staff, clean rooms, a good nights sleep had by all including toddler. Having table booked for dinner upon arrival a bonus as saves having to find somewhere to eat in unfamiliar location.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with my room which was spacious as was the bathroom.
Sufficient towels and plenty of bath products. A TV and kettle with all the extras to make tea or coffee.
I elected to pay the extra for a full breakfast and enjoyed everything. I have never stayed with this chain before and I shall do so in future

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank chanel16calgary
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

excellent, good place to stay in cornwall .central to most of cornwall ,really good on site restaurant , ample parking. very helpfull and friendly staff in the premier inn and table table restaurant .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lisabennett2014
Plymouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

the staff at the Truro Premier Inn deserve a lot of credit as their cheerfulness and efficiency made our weekend break .We had a great time using this inn as a base .We had an evening meal on the first night and a enormous breakfast the following morning which was excellent value for money .All in all great value and well looked after what more could you ask .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
The Greenbank Hotel
#2 of 25 in Falmouth
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,021 reviews
Premier Inn Camborne Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Truro Hotel? Share your experiences!