“White House inn”

The Whitehouse Inn
Walsall, United Kingdom
“White House inn”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Room very clean service was first class very friendly free wifi
The only thing it was very hot when we stopped and with no air con i found the room very hot even with the window open needed fans in the rooms
But all in all will be going back in the future

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed in family room, plenty of room, clean and spacious,massive bathroom. Lovely location, friendly staff, very near beautiful beach, great for families and couples. Lovely children's play area. Very reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here in a family room, very clean, spacious room. Plenty of tea and coffee with the coffee making facilities. Hundreds of sockets in the room so I could charge everything at once and use my curling tongs at the same time. Staff very helpful, I needed to use a printer and they kindly let me use theirs. Free Wifi is handy. Breakfast was very good. Highly recommend the house brandy (not for breakfast though). Good value for money. Also accessible for wheelchair users and people with mobility difficulties.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had a lovely overnight stay, very friendly staff and helpful and the food excellent...the room was clean and very modern. If there was one critism. The room could have done with a fan as it was hot. But overall a very enjoyable stay and would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014
Tiverton
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have stayed here twice, whilst on business and both times I've been really impressed with the quality of the service and the food. Whilst it's not the best looking place I've stayed in, it certainly makes up for it in the friendliness of all the staff encountered. The price includes a breakfast, which was really well presented on the plate. The accomodation is of a reasonable standard, but the beds are comfortable and well stocked, with a good tray of biscuits / tea & coffee. I would certainly recommend this Inn for the quality of food and service...Give it a try and you wont be dissapointed..

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top level if possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

As my title says, we have only ever eaten here, never stayed the night. However, I think it speaks for itself when I say that we only ever eat at the Whitehouse Inn when we go for days out on the North coast. It is a great place, with an indoor play area for kids (tucked away from the main bar area) and an outdoor play area too.
The food is always good, if not excellent (the homemade chips are to die for), and the prices are reasonable too (£4.95 for the kids meals, and they're a good size).
I would highly recommend it to anyone who would like to eat out with their small children.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Newquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

10th of June 2014.... We booked a table at the "Whitehouse Inn" at Penhallow... Table was booked for 19.30 but we were a little on the early side and arrived around 19.00. We went to the bar and ordered a couple of drinks. We were served by the most pleasant person that we have met for a long time ... We asked the lady that served us if it would be possible to go into the restaurant area for our meal despite us being early ..... "yes my darlin" she replied, of course it is and in an instant we were shown to a table.. As we were given the menu's the same lady apologised to us that the waitress hadn't turned in for work and said that she would try not to keep "you waiting my darlins"... After a very short time she was back to take our order ..

We had a very nice meal and were more than happy with the lady who was obviously doing three jobs at the same time... she was very attentive and despite running around like the "roadrunner" managed to be exceptionally pleasant to all the customers not least my wife and I .

In all we had a very nice meal in pleasant surroundings but our visit was made even better by the
lady that served us ... I found out that her name was Kelly...

Trustworthy too .... I wanted to give her a tip as we paid our bill but she said "oh thank you my darling" but she wasn't allowed to take it as all tips went into a tin .... A quick word with her boss solved that little issue and I bunged her a fiver ! ... (hey, last of the big spenders I am )...

We will visit again and hope that the management will by that time have given "Kelly" a wage increase that she obviously deserves ......

Oh, "a couple of other things" ... unless you are really hungry don't order the mixed grill... Phew!!! (lovey though)..

And, to the boss.... we were glad that the restaurant waitress didn't turn up tonight because if she had we more than likely wouldn't have met Kelly one of your best assets ...

We'll be back !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rt1379
kel1980, Owner at The Whitehouse Inn, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you for your most kind review. We're so pleased you enjoyed your meal but most of all that you feel about Kelly the same way that we do. We do try to pick our staff very carefully and sometimes finding a gem is really difficult in this day and age but we have found one in our Kelly.
Thank you once again my darlings and we hope to see you soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penhallow
Rose in Vale Country House Hotel
#3 of 4 in St Agnes
The Alverton
The Alverton
#1 of 4 in Truro

Been to The Whitehouse Inn? Share your experiences!