“Disgusting”

Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Penhallow
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We went for Sunday Calvert for 2 adults £6.95 each, frozen veg frozen potatoes frozen cauliflower cheese horrible meat Yorkshire puddings tasted like they where a week old and the gravy was made from a cheap packet and very thick, we will not be returning such a big let down I have a big appetite but had to leave half off it as it made me feel sick, I will not be recommending this place at all. Is it so hard for "chefs" these days to cook fresh veg and potatoes, the kitchen should be ashamed of what they have cooked.

There are newer reviews for The Whitehouse Inn Restaurant

Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Visited previously and reviewed that customer service was poor and let down the visit. Went twice recently and found customer service in the restaurant improved. Some lovely staff.
Food was ok but quite expensive I thought and my flan was over cooked. Granddaughter loved the play area too. I wouldn't stay away but wouldn't rush back.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Good selection of starters, main and deserts. Good service, friendly helpful staff. reasonably priced. My favourite started was the baked goats cheese hummmmm

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We decided to go out for a Sunday lunch carvery 2 adults and a 10 year old (with the appetite of a horse) I ordered 2 adult and a child`s carvery and a desert and round od drinks and this only came to £32 the meat was well cooked with an excellent choice of veg the ice cream deserts were lovely and the drinks a reasonable price.

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We ate here one evening and were very pleased, wishing we had found this place earlier on in the holiday. The food was delicious and reasonably priced, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the setting was very nicely done. We would have returned if we didn't have to finish our holiday. There was a good kids menu with a variety of meals and our desserts were very indulgent.Highly reccomend.