“As stunning as ever *****”
Review of The Cosy Corner

The Cosy Corner
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Alykanas
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly
Description: Jules and Shortie would love to welcome you to their idillic taverna nicely tucked away in the heart of Alykanas, Zakynthos. The serene location lends itself to a relaxing atmosphere within beautiful gardens. The Cosy specialises in traditional homecooked English food and traditional local Greek dishes, all freshly cooked from local produce. The Cosy is known for it's quality food and value for money. Steak pie, meze or just a cocktail, relax at the Cosy
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Have visited to Cosy Corner for 4 years now and the food and service is as stunning as ever. We've seen Shortie and crew develope this fine eating establishment with it's ever growing menu. From your first class English fry up to start the day with, to really authentic beef stifado's and lamb kleftico's this restaurant has it all set in a lovely garden location. Many people don't realise what lies at the foot of the approach lane so they miss out "BIG TIME". Will always eat many of our holiday meals here morning, noon, and night with it's very competitive prices to match !!!!!!

Reviewed 7 September 2011

couldn't wait to go here for my breakfast err it was horrible my bacon was still screaming on my plate my sausage had lots of gristle in my egg was still see-through are god and believe me I like my full English's lol heard everyone else saying good things about it like but if your like me and are easily put off by things just stay away go to the hotel next to it the alykanas beach there full English is gorgeous .. xx

12  Thank kay t
Reviewed 6 September 2011

The restaurant is clean, rustic & as the name suggests, very cosy!
Shortie, Jules & Andrew remember their customers from previous holidays and although they are extremely busy, somehow find time to pass the time of day/night with you.
The English breakfast is second to none with outstanding value for money & the evening menu is varied with additional specials which are creative & delicious!
Keep the good work up guys!

Reviewed 27 August 2011

Brilliant, my family and me went there many times while we was in Zante, was a great place to eat and would defiantly go again.

1  Thank Suzanne W
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Not sure why this is No.1 on trip adviser. It was very close to where we stayed so we decided we would try this one evening. As my family of four walked in, I was dissapointed how small it was, it seem like I had just gate crashed a garden party. No staff approcahed us to find us a table and the garden seem very pokey and untidy with kids toys and play equipment scattered around. We decided it was not for us and we wanted to eat in better surroundings. We did however have one breakfast here which was very good and staff were friendly. But for me its all about location and it did not do it for me.

15  Thank moveonup
shortieweb, Owner at The Cosy Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

I'm not sure why you have given this review. It always amazes me that so many people find our restaurant and food so good but just the odd person finds it quite the opposite and gives inacurate details in their review!
Firstly if you were where the toys are then you have ignored the signs guiding you to the entrance avoiding the childrens play area, like many do, secondly our eating area is 257 square metres and we have seating for 74 people, if that is POKEY then you wont find many places to suit your needs. We always approach people when they seem as though they are interested in eating here, however we let them decide before approaching as we do not want them to feel pressured into staying. There are plenty of tables here, if you cant find one then we would be full, I'm sure you dont need our help to show you to a table!!
Finally, the reason that you cannot see why we are so highly rated on Trip Advisor is that you never gave us a chance. You didn't have a meal here and you did not stay long enough to accept our hospitality, if you read all the other reviews you will see that you sir are wrong.
I do not expect everyone to like what we do but I would appreciate it if the review was factual and yours is not.