“best english breakfast”
Review of The Cosy Corner

The Cosy Corner
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Alykanas
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Description: Jules and Shortie would love to welcome you to their idillic taverna nicely tucked away in the heart of Alykanas, Zakynthos. The serene location lends itself to a relaxing atmosphere within beautiful gardens. The Cosy specialises in traditional homecooked English food and traditional local Greek dishes, all freshly cooked from local produce. The Cosy is known for it's quality food and value for money. Steak pie, meze or just a cocktail, relax at the Cosy
Reviewed 3 July 2014

english owned and run, it is a little hidden gem, it does a really good and inexpensive english breakfast, delightful place and great for the kiddies too

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Being a regular visitor to this fab establishment for a good many years now and it's ever changing menu continues to impress me and my family. As well as being our regular breakfast venue we often eat our nightly meals here.During this past Winter Shortie has continued to delve into recipes from around the world as he does during the long Winter out of season months on the island. Well he had produced a "Saag Aloo Gohst" dish which I just had to try and ordered it with extra chilli's. It came with a fragrant rice and was just supurb and as good as anything I had tasted in an authentic curry restaurant back home in the U.K. lovely tender pieces of melt in the mouth meat, a good "dollop" of wilted spinach with chunky potatoes too, fantastic dish indee well done mate !!!!!!!

3  Thank MONDEO1
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My girlfriend and I were at the Alykanas Beach Hotel in May 2014 for 2 weeks and this was one of the 9 various restaurants we had a meal at. I can only repeat what other reviewers have said. We had an evening meal and it was delicious. The portions were good and the service was good, although the restaurant was busy. It was also good value for the money. We did not try the English breakfast, but other holidaymakers we spoke to said it was very good. When we go back to Alykanas, this is one of the restaurants we will visit again.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

If you want a great FULL ENGLISH breakfast then this is the place to go.
If I was to fault it then it has to be the tea / coffee, this does tend to let it down slightly.(in my opinion) The food though, cannot be faulted, tastes great, good size portions and reasonably priced.... Used this on several occasions while in Alykanas.
It can be easily missed, and as the name suggests, it is set in a cosy corner, it is located next to the horse and carriage "taxi rank" near Alykanas beach apartments.
Gets very busy for breakfast, and it is a very friendly and welcoming place, well worth the visit.

1  Thank DJones20142014
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Best breakfast around, evening meals are lovely doing a lot of English food not got a good selection on Greek food, shorties homemade ginger beer is the best drink I've ever had...