“Great last night dinner”
Review of Memories

Memories
Ranked #24 of 34 Restaurants in Alykanas
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We walked by memories every evening but it didn't look much! It hasn't really got the usual greek set up and looks more like a kind do fast food affair but, pressed for time, we decided that we would stop there on the last night to save a walk and we were glad we did. We had the best baked feta we had all week! Both the main dishes came baked in large clay pots and were beautiful ; a kleftiko and a beef stamnas... Delicious ... Sad we were just too full to finish them
We received a carafe of house wine on the house which made the 33 euro bill seem ridiculous for such lovely food. Definitely worth a visit

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Dragged in by a nagging woman called Diana (think that's she said her name was) promised they were the best on trip advisor and we would love it. How wrong could she have been? We both had starters which I had to force myself to eat. How can you get a simple prawn cocktail wrong?????? I thought the main will make up for it to be served an apparent Greek speciality. (It was beef with tomatoes topped with cheese served in a clay pot. Please forgive me I really can't remember the name of it) I thought to myself now this looks better only to tuck into what can only be described as the driest toughest and most bland dish I could imagine! My partner had a different dish and she just couldn't eat it. Absolute rubbish! Do yourself a huge favour. If you find yourself outside memories getting harassed by Diana. Turn around and you'll see a wonderful little taverna called Greek Acropolis. Go there and you'll be absolutely amazed from start to finish.

3  Thank holidaylover1711
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The place itself looks nice enough from the outside and is affiliated with the cake shop next door that shares the same name. All the places in alykanas seem to serve the same food at the same prices apart from this place, it lives off the back of a certificate it got from this website 2 years ago which is what they try and use to get you in. The restraunt wasn't very busy at all but it took so long to get served here and it's about 30% more expensive than everywhere else around. Don't think I would be returning here if I came back to alykanas.

4  Thank gareth t
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We gave Memories a go because we were approached one afternoon by a lady handing out leaflets at our hotel. She was keen to show us that they have been awarded a certificate of excellence by Trip Advisor so we thought we were in for a great meal.

How wrong could we be. We were promised free Rosė for my husband and I and free ice cream for my children. The Rosė was disgusting, the worst I've ever tasted.

Service was slow and disorganised as a family next to us were there before quite a few tables and got served last.

The menu wasn't anything special and I struggled to chose what to eat as nothing really appealed. I ended up with a Spaghetti dish with chicken, mushroom and a white wine sauce. It was so bland, I could hardly taste it. I can't remember what my husband had but he wasn't impressed.

When we finished our meal, the children didn't get their promised free ice cream but we didn't say anything because we just wanted to leave.

Compared to other Tavernas in Alykanas, Memories was poor and I really struggle yo understand how they were awarded the certificate of excellence. There were spelling mistakes on the certificate, which lead me to to think they had made it up to get people in. Out of the Tavernas we ate at, Memories was the worst.

All I can say is, if you are approached by the lovely lady one day when sunbathing around the pool, don't get your hopes up as it's really not as good as it's made out to be.

4  Thank Katie F
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Back from our holiday and had to leave this review.

The lady on the door pestered us every night of our holiday to eat here to the point where it became annoying!

Using our daughter to try and entice us, making sarcastic comments when we did not eat there.

Both myself and partner did not get a feel for this taverna and put off by the road and traffic.

On our second week we met friends staying in the same hotel who had dined there, this lady ate at this restaurant and returned to the hotel being ill from the food consumed there, this confirmed to us we had made the right decision not to dine here.

Diana is too pushy and feels everyone who passes by should dine there but gets sarcastic when you don't.

Thankfully we got some respite when hiring a car or getting the horse & carriage to the main strip.

3  Thank Avee76