“Traditional restaurant.”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Have been to Alykanas 7 times now and always make sure we visit this restaurant, Friendly and fab food!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Only found the Mantalena on our last night when friends took us there. Very traditional taverna, one of the oldest in Alykanas, if not the oldest. As soon as we arrived and were seated we felt like we were in very comfortable, friendly surroundings.

The menu had an amazing choice of various lamb, pork, beef, chicken & rabbit dishes plus fish dishes but I didn't get that far. All of us on the table ordered different meals so we could compare. I had pork which was slow oven cooked in garlic & herbs - it just fell apart and was so easy to eat. My wife had the beef giouvetsi and loved it, and my son had great pleasure in ripping apart a spit roasted half chicken. They also gave us some very nice ouzo based shots.

Disappointed that we could not eat there again but will hopefully next year.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This place serve good home traditional cooking.

I don't think we chose the best meal here though.
My souvlaki meat was a bit dry and garlic Tzatiski was too much for me.

The service was friendly but ultimately it wasn't the most memorable meal we had and so did not return. I think we would have given it another chance though if we had longer as this might be partly due to an off night? or just wrong choice on our part.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Had a really lovely meal in what was a very inviting family atmosphere. The rabbit was to die for and the rest of the food cooked well. The childrens play area was a godsend

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Visited here on our 2nd night in Alykanas.

Free shots on arrival (non-alcoholic ones for the kids), staff very friendly and really good with the little ones.

Really extensive menu, some Greek families eating there at the same time (which has to be a good sign).

I had the Rabbit in a tomato and garlic sauce, my wife had a roast pork dish in garlic and herbs. Both very nice. Kids had a children's Chicken Souvlaki which they seemed to enjoy, but they were more interested in the play area at the back of the restaurant.

Free ice cream for the kids at the end and I indulged in a slice of some Baklava (probably the best I've tried).

Price about €40 inc a drink each and a bottle of water for the table