“Perfect place for a family holiday!”

Alykanas Beach Apart-Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Alykanas
Lochgelly, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Perfect place for a family holiday!”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I loved it, its a great place to kick back and relax, all the staff are very frendly and easy to get along with, they're all very inetersted in were we are from, night time at the bar was really good with dj dave he's a star, good with children and has all different types of music, he makes sure that he mixes it between older music and younger type music, overall me and my family had a amazing time staying in your company:) love tammy&family:)

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Tammy C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Brigg, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The Hotel without doubt would have some things to avoid, but get it right and you will have a comfortable holiday.

The reception despite earlier reviews as published; were a very helpful bunch.
Especially Dimitris and Stelios.

Yes this Hotel could be noisy but the first week into October at least there was a conscious effort to reduce the entertainment noise just past midnight,in consideration for all.

Some rooms may be noisier than others and that will be a bit of a lottery.
Mattress hardness, very personal, being a chunky Monkey I put some weight down [115kgs] and a Daddy Bear bed try; yes was the thumbs up for me...great nights sleep.

Travel tip ; buy some foam ear plugs , wear them at home for a month ;get used to them in your ears, then use them on holiday .Can be the difference in large hotels for a good nights sleep.

The cleaner teams were excellent and for myself [and family] , if we have not dirtied anything too much , we like our room space for 'us' not to be unduly invaded. A quick ok , and rubbish exchange was all that was needed.
You simply can not fault the cleaner team , and they are constantly on the go. So; much better than looking for them to change 'things' . I tipped the cleaners at the end of my stay.

Ashtrays everywhere ; yes smoking allowed in all public places at all times; 'that is Greece' in general, for everywhere . Please think on if you do not smoke.

The pool looked adequately clean, loungers attentively straightened each night, and the hotel right on the beach front, which is clean and tidy.
Beach/sea shallow and graded out to 2 metres 100m from the shore.

The corridors and walkways around the hotel are clean and well maintained. Grass cut and green.

The rooms are spacious and cool with self creating draft ;with strategic window opening either end.
My room had a hot plate ,kettle and toaster [both new] and Fridge [new and clean].
Aircon at cost . TV [small not lcd /flat] not used but available.
Balconies are spacious with a wash line for smalls , couple of towels. Phone to reception.
Balcony door is double glazed with, outer metal vented lockable shutters.

Clean shower room. Water was always hot in the sink but often tepid in the shower; I'm sure this was 'room specific' and could easily be rectified.

Towels a touch 'thin', but I take a travel towel anyway.............

Views; on the whole are very nice , but some rooms may face the resort/town, rather than sea.?

Food; I only had one meal. Apart from the powder mixed orange juice , which knocked 2 marks off ; this was 8/10 for the cooked food of my breakfast; as I broke my rule on foreign travel and had a full English ....abroad.
OK , many do love this [ and good on you ] but abroad 'I do local' 100% ,whenever I can.
This was the best full English I've ever had ......abroad . Ok; it was my first [ not my last now...!] and beat many I've had in UK , so thumbs up and worth the 4.5 euros [but leave the 'faux' juice behind and double up on your hot drink instead].

Beer ;lager refreshing draught but not sure on the price ! ? Not excessive though.

Plenty of people ate Pizza etc , and they looked good and were all eaten up and not extortionate on price . Be aware ; a Greek Salad will cost you 5.5 euros in the resort tavernas/restaurants so the hotel did offer respectable ['tourist'] food at a reasonable price.

On the whole this Hotel is very Good [maybe with a small v.] But good for it's 3 stars.
Would I return , yes I would, at the right time of the year for me [quieter seasons] .

I can see this hotel being very popular in peak season and rightly so, I can understand multiple visits by 'regulars' to the hotel and I bet they look forward to it..

Well Done Alykanas Beach Hotel , B+/- A [shows my age I guess]

A pleasant surprise and a very comfortable week for me.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
9 Thank 429simons
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed at Alykanas beach end of september 2013. Absolutely lovely place to stay, but word of warning if you have young children ask for a room at the back. We were unlucky enough to get room 112 which was directly opposite the pool bar so had to listen to the karaoke so had to keep balcony doors shut at night.

Cleaners very nice, but like other reviews have said towels only changed twice in one week, and i found it hard especially having wet feet on floors so would advise to take you own. Also only 1 pillw each on double bed so by day 3 and another restless night sleep asked for an extra pillow which i got no problem. Also the beds werent changed the whole time we were there so had to constantly brush the sand off every night.

If you want a trip out, the coach/boat trip to the shipwreck is well worth it, we didnt book this through the rep but with a company just down the road into the main town, british speaking guide and very very helpful with everything, and answered all questions.

Would definately recommend this to anyone wanting a relaxing holiday, the sea was lovely and clean also the beach was very clean and unlittered which is a bonus.

Would definately go back again, and i would recommend this place to anyone wanting a late holiday in the sun.

Room Tip: Avoid room 112 ask for a room in b or c block as these are further away from the pool bar.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Emma C
Taynuilt, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

we visited the hotel 15th sept -30th sept 2013 , the rooms were spotless great housemaids , the bar staff were brilliant , the setting was the best we have ever seen and thought we would never be able to afford a beach side hotel , as my husband is disabled the staff could not be more helpful with allocating us the most suitable room and nothing was to much trouble , great bars and restaurants close by , and the on sight super market was as cheap as the bigger super market , which makes a change as usually they are more expensive , the karaoke and quiz nights were a blast ....hope to go back in may next year .....

1 Thank setbain
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This was the best location we have ever visited. The staff were lovely as were all the locals. The rooms comfortable, we were given a lovely dual aspect room with a beautiful view of thesea as it was our anniversary, although air con is extra so its advisable to budget for this. We never had a problem getting sunbeds, although I personally never went in the pool as the sea was so close and inviting.

Room Tip: We always choose an upstairs room for security and this gave us a lovely view of the bay and mountai...
1 Thank Lindsey H
Thurrock
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This hotel is on the best location in alykanas!
We paid less than £300 for a weeks stay from the 21st September!
our room was 322 on the Quite side of the hotel, Room was Clean and Basic, (Remember you pay for what you get) and I was very happy with the room!
I would honestly request a quite room as the pool bar does get a little noisy is the evenings but nothing to go crazy about..
so lets say some amazing points about this hotel..
Very Helpful staff and polite
Very Clean surroundings
pool very clean
Beachfront location really good

slight negatives

Towels only changed twice in 1 week

Our neighbours who arrived half way through the week could have been little more respectful in the mornings, common sense that some people might like to wake up peacefully in the morning rather than hearing them, walls are a little thin!

Other than that the Hotel was very good and a great Location

We did the Turtle Trip would recommend, great value for money!!
Also please do the greek night via the small train that collects you from the Jammin Bar! only 20 euros for a 4 course meal and they bring you home!!

The restaurants around the hotel are nice

Room Tip: rooms away from pool are quiter
2 Thank sexypudz
Walsall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Great place to stay lovely view great barman really made the holiday the Greek are really lovely people going back next year just to see the people down there again wish I was still there met some lovely people down there too

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank PaulWilliams1967
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alykanas
Valais Hotel
#1 of 19 in Vasilikos
Koukounaria Hotel
Koukounaria Hotel
#2 of 26 in Alykes

Been to Alykanas Beach Apart-Hotel? Share your experiences!