“End of Season.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alykanas
Alykanas Beach Apart-Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Alykanas
Clydebank, United Kingdom
“End of Season.”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is basically a family hotel. We stayed the second last week of October this year when it was reasonable quiet, most of the guest were pensioners. The room we were given was 108, AVOID at all costs as it is above the pump room which runs 24/7 regardless to what the reception staff will tell you. It also overlooks the bar, and although the music stops at midnight, party revellers still go on!! The rooms are basic with kettle, toaster, fridge and 2 ring hob. Mugs would be better than the small cups that they supply and a teapot would have been nice too. If you have a late check-out they are charging between 30 -40 Euros to keep your room which a lot of people thought was OTT. If you want a room for a late check-out see the lady in the supermarket at the end of the road called 'Vallianos' and you will get a nice wee basic room for 15 Euros. it was the end of the season we thought that the staff were unhelpful in our problem with the room that we were given - fobbed off twice until we found out exactly what the noise was and were eventually given another room which was right next to the bar!! music starts about 08.30 in the morning!! -so if want a lie in, forget it. No doubt there are other rooms which are quieter if this is what you are looking for, but don't expect to get the room that you ask for under the Special requests whilst booking you holiday, as only about 20% of travellers get what they ask for.

Room Tip: Block C upstairs or downstairs facing AWAY from the bar. These rooms over look the car park which is...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rodmcneil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Reviewed 26 October 2013

hi, can someone help please????? i have stayed here before but cannot remember room number. i have booked for may next year and want a quiet room with a good view. there are only 2 of us goin, please can someone help. thanks

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
16 Thank lj2014
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The hotel is right on the beach which is a plus. The water is shallow with a sandbank just yards from the beach so ideal for children and non swimmers. You can swim out about 30 to 50 yards and the water is deep enough for even good swimmers. On the negative side the self-catering is very basic, not even a microwave, and the work surface is the top of the fridge which although annoying it did not spoil our holiday as we ate out every night. The down side was the noisy holidaymakers returning at 4.00am making lots of noise in the corridors and their rooms.

Room Tip: "C" block, first or second floor facing alykes for the views
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OAPtourist
Liverpool
Reviewed 21 October 2013

First time here, reviewed as an "understated paradise" 2011, was a dream holiday, the room, reception, helpfulness ext, was great. The trip was booked with Thompson and my only neg was with the pick up and flight delay but all in all a good hols. My second visit was dreadful, Thompson no longer used this hotel so we booked through the new operator, Tomas Cook. On this second trip, the hotel had a fraction of staff, the bar and food was so limited that it shocked me, the staff clearly didn't care if you had a nice time or not and to top it all, we was robbed of a phone and other valuables from our room. This trip put me right off alykanas and Zante as a whole, the world is to big to go back to bad places.

Room Tip: Please use your room safe and have good insurance.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank simo41
Lochgelly, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I loved it, its a great place to kick back and relax, all the staff are very frendly and easy to get along with, they're all very inetersted in were we are from, night time at the bar was really good with dj dave he's a star, good with children and has all different types of music, he makes sure that he mixes it between older music and younger type music, overall me and my family had a amazing time staying in your company:) love tammy&family:)

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Tammy C
Brigg, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The Hotel without doubt would have some things to avoid, but get it right and you will have a comfortable holiday.

The reception despite earlier reviews as published; were a very helpful bunch.
Especially Dimitris and Stelios.

Yes this Hotel could be noisy but the first week into October at least there was a conscious effort to reduce the entertainment noise just past midnight,in consideration for all.

Some rooms may be noisier than others and that will be a bit of a lottery.
Mattress hardness, very personal, being a chunky Monkey I put some weight down [115kgs] and a Daddy Bear bed try; yes was the thumbs up for me...great nights sleep.

Travel tip ; buy some foam ear plugs , wear them at home for a month ;get used to them in your ears, then use them on holiday .Can be the difference in large hotels for a good nights sleep.

The cleaner teams were excellent and for myself [and family] , if we have not dirtied anything too much , we like our room space for 'us' not to be unduly invaded. A quick ok , and rubbish exchange was all that was needed.
You simply can not fault the cleaner team , and they are constantly on the go. So; much better than looking for them to change 'things' . I tipped the cleaners at the end of my stay.

Ashtrays everywhere ; yes smoking allowed in all public places at all times; 'that is Greece' in general, for everywhere . Please think on if you do not smoke.

The pool looked adequately clean, loungers attentively straightened each night, and the hotel right on the beach front, which is clean and tidy.
Beach/sea shallow and graded out to 2 metres 100m from the shore.

The corridors and walkways around the hotel are clean and well maintained. Grass cut and green.

The rooms are spacious and cool with self creating draft ;with strategic window opening either end.
My room had a hot plate ,kettle and toaster [both new] and Fridge [new and clean].
Aircon at cost . TV [small not lcd /flat] not used but available.
Balconies are spacious with a wash line for smalls , couple of towels. Phone to reception.
Balcony door is double glazed with, outer metal vented lockable shutters.

Clean shower room. Water was always hot in the sink but often tepid in the shower; I'm sure this was 'room specific' and could easily be rectified.

Towels a touch 'thin', but I take a travel towel anyway.............

Views; on the whole are very nice , but some rooms may face the resort/town, rather than sea.?

Food; I only had one meal. Apart from the powder mixed orange juice , which knocked 2 marks off ; this was 8/10 for the cooked food of my breakfast; as I broke my rule on foreign travel and had a full English ....abroad.
OK , many do love this [ and good on you ] but abroad 'I do local' 100% ,whenever I can.
This was the best full English I've ever had ......abroad . Ok; it was my first [ not my last now...!] and beat many I've had in UK , so thumbs up and worth the 4.5 euros [but leave the 'faux' juice behind and double up on your hot drink instead].

Beer ;lager refreshing draught but not sure on the price ! ? Not excessive though.

Plenty of people ate Pizza etc , and they looked good and were all eaten up and not extortionate on price . Be aware ; a Greek Salad will cost you 5.5 euros in the resort tavernas/restaurants so the hotel did offer respectable ['tourist'] food at a reasonable price.

On the whole this Hotel is very Good [maybe with a small v.] But good for it's 3 stars.
Would I return , yes I would, at the right time of the year for me [quieter seasons] .

I can see this hotel being very popular in peak season and rightly so, I can understand multiple visits by 'regulars' to the hotel and I bet they look forward to it..

Well Done Alykanas Beach Hotel , B+/- A [shows my age I guess]

A pleasant surprise and a very comfortable week for me.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
9 Thank 429simons
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed at Alykanas beach end of september 2013. Absolutely lovely place to stay, but word of warning if you have young children ask for a room at the back. We were unlucky enough to get room 112 which was directly opposite the pool bar so had to listen to the karaoke so had to keep balcony doors shut at night.

Cleaners very nice, but like other reviews have said towels only changed twice in one week, and i found it hard especially having wet feet on floors so would advise to take you own. Also only 1 pillw each on double bed so by day 3 and another restless night sleep asked for an extra pillow which i got no problem. Also the beds werent changed the whole time we were there so had to constantly brush the sand off every night.

If you want a trip out, the coach/boat trip to the shipwreck is well worth it, we didnt book this through the rep but with a company just down the road into the main town, british speaking guide and very very helpful with everything, and answered all questions.

Would definately recommend this to anyone wanting a relaxing holiday, the sea was lovely and clean also the beach was very clean and unlittered which is a bonus.

Would definately go back again, and i would recommend this place to anyone wanting a late holiday in the sun.

Room Tip: Avoid room 112 ask for a room in b or c block as these are further away from the pool bar.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Emma C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alykanas
Valais Hotel
#4 of 5 in Ammoudi
Koukounaria Hotel
Koukounaria Hotel
#2 of 28 in Alykes

Been to Alykanas Beach Apart-Hotel? Share your experiences!