“be aware”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alykanas
Alykanas Beach Apart-Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Alykanas
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This complex is in a lovely setting ideal for the kids aged 0 to 100! clean,friendly,with good food.At night put up with holiday music and loud happy voices until at least midnight and later.The resort restaurants were a genuine friendly bunch.The best by a million miles for service,greeting,price,is The La Caretta catering for lovely food well cooked,nothing too much trouble.Having a play area.We used them on four occasions,a party of 5,In my opinion avoid the Indian/Chinese eatery my meal of Chinese food 4/10.During the vacation the complex and village suffered with stray dogs which I was told due to people vacating villas who had these poor souls abandoned them when leaving the island.There is a small English run restaurant by the complex if you want English mega breakfast I kid you not its wonderful.Bus service non existant,so car or quads were hired very reasonable.Finally its not the Ritz but won't smash your budget,unless your an alchoholc.Chow chow

Room Tip: Block C at the back is chid friendly for sleeping.NO LIFTS
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank charliebaker1
There are newer reviews for Alykanas Beach Apart-Hotel

Reviewed 20 May 2014

First trip alone since losing my husband last year, so just booked a short four night trip to see how I got on. I paid less than £200 for the trip, which I booked just a week before. One thing I hate is the travel company coach transfer so I organised a local pick up for €10 each way (much cheaper than T.C at £30 return - try SpecialOffer.gr)
I had asked for a quiet room away from the bar as I had read it could be noisy. However, I was given a room on the ground floor very close to the bar (room 106). In fact this was fine as it was easy to get to the pool and the karaoke on a couple of nights did not bother me. Maybe different in high season. My room was spacious, very clean, excellent shower with loads of pressure and hot water every time I used it. A bit cramped but okay. The bed was comfy and plenty of space in the wardrobe. Adequate pots and pans for those who want to cook. My kettle broke on the 2nd morning but within half an hour of going to reception, a young lady turned up with a new one.
There is a decent balcony, which caught the afternoon sun, good locking patio windows and separate locking shutters.
The pool is really lovely with loads of loungers and tables to sit at, shade if you want it. I found the bar to be very friendly and service was good. Only had drinks there - the iced coffee is refreshing. Four steps down from the pool and you are on the beach. It's a lovely walk along the beach to the Valais Bar and Mill Bar, or you can go through the hotel car park and walk along the canal, over the little bridge into Alykes. At all times I felt safe and enjoyed my break. A longer one next time!
I would recommend this hotel, for its cleanliness, fantastic location and value for money.

Room Tip: Room 106 is ground floor, near the bar but gets afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Scope254
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just returned from 1 week at Alykanas Beach. We had a 2 bed apartment on the top floor (215) so 2 balconies one of which had the sea view (restricted) we had asked for including a view of Kefalonia and the well maintained and pretty grounds. Unfortunately the cold and windy weather meant that we weren't able to take advantage of them as they only got any sun first thing in the morning - this of course would be an advantage when it is hot! Bathroom was big with bath and shower, kitchen had microwave, kettle and full sized fridge. Good range of pans should you need them but strangely no bowls if you had wanted cereal for example. We only ever make drinks and the occasional picnic ingredients so didn't ask for them but I'm sure they would have been made available as everyone was very friendly and helpful. No hair dryer.

The location is lovely right on the beach - which in front of the hotel is very narrow so no sun beds on beach here. But beds were plentiful in a choice of areas either around pool or on the grass to the side. On the few days we spent around the hotel the drinks and food were excellent - a good full English with coffee and cordial for 5.5 E e.g.

We had great food at every taverna we went to - I had the best Moussaka I have ever had at Elia. The resort was extremely quiet so difficult to say what the 'buzz' would be like if it were busier - I also wonder if this was affected by the unusually cold evenings everyone was wrapped up in hoodies etc. We always go away at this time of year, usually somewhere in Greece and would expect to put a wrap or cardi on in the evening but not the layers I was donning (sometimes in the day too!) along with socks!! This is obviously not the norm so we were just unlucky on this occasion! Must also mention Dilemma bar next to A.Beach where Stakis and Keith made us very welcome!
We hired a car for 3 days and went to parts we hadn't visited on our previous trip to Zakynthos a few years ago. Gerakas beach and area on the South East corner was very pretty - we actually managed to sit on the beach for 2 hours albeit being sand blasted but didn't see any turtles as others have reported. The northern tip up to the lighthouse and round to the shipwreck afford beautiful views both of Zakynthos and over to Kefalonia and the mainland. The views all around the island are stunning from the church in Gerakaria which you can see perched on the hill inland from Alykanas.

I would recommend this hotel and resort to people of a certain age like us and those with youngish children but am not sure it would appeal to those with teenagers in tow! Makes a good base for touring, walking, cycling etc and is clean, affordable, near a good selection of tavernas and bars and is well appointed in the main.

Room Tip: Important to have a high floor here because of the way the blocks are arranged. The 2 room apartment...
3  Thank JanetteB2404
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Alykanas Beach Apartments are situated right on the beach & less than 5 minute walk to shops, bars & restaurants. The apartments are light and airy with decent sized balconies.

Staff are friendly and helpful, food was good.

We asked for a top floor apartment with a sea view and were very pleased when we got exactly that - with a nice quiet balcony where we could hear the sea.

Everything was perfect - we couldn't have wished for a better holiday & look forward to going back again very soon.

3  Thank chrish111
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Had another amazing holiday at the alykanas beach with nikos yannis tafi denis and all the other staff would recommend this place to everyone and the restaurants around serve gorgeous gorgeous food :) yamassss ♡♡

1  Thank kay t
Reviewed 13 May 2014

went 4 may 2014 for 1 week. We emailed the week before to ask for mountain views on a top floor - and this is what we got - Room 350, the views were amazing of the mountains and a side view of the sea. Did not see a lift, so lots of stairs if room on top floor. Reception very helpful.
Our room was spacious, clean and well equipped with a good size balcony. There were 2 beds and a sofabed so all equipment was for 3, great for us as we do like to make our own meals sometimes. One bed was very very creaky every time i even moved my arms. Rooms cleaned every day.
Rooms facing into the central courtyard do not get a good view as the pool is down by the beach. The sun reached the balcony in the afternoon so you could sunbathe and relax on your own balcony - the rooms on the reception side get sun first thing and then are in the shade in the afternoon.
Lots of sunbeds with umbrella's around the pool and on the grass at the side.
Pool was very clean, cold water jacuzzi was on, pool bar very nice, prices ok (3 euros for a beer - saw a lot cheaper), snacks good. Wifi very off/on for whole week and only available in the pool bar. Massive car park for rental cars.
Location excellent as in the middle between the 2 resorts and therefore walking distance between bars, restaurants and shops was good.
Very flat resort - no hills to climb and lots of cycle rentals to enjoy the area.
Costas bar on the beach to the left 500 metres, he had cheapest beer we found at 2 euros 20.
We visited Memories restaurant on the edge of the resort as you come in, the mixed started was MEGGA, would not have ordered a main if i had seen what you get on this.

Room Tip: we asked by email for a top floor mountain view and got room 350 - amazing views. so ask for a room...
5  Thank Tazbabeslotus
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Me and my family stayed at this hotel a few years ago and returned 2 years later and we still love it!! We love everything about it, the staff, the location, the hotel and the Island! The hotel is in the perfect location right on the beautiful beach, not far from bars and restaurants of Alykanas and Alykes. I am pretty sure we will return to this hotel in the near future! Cant wait to visit Alykanas Beach again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Claire S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alykanas
Valais Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kampi
Venus Hotel & Suites
Venus Hotel & Suites
#1 of 30 in Kalamaki

Been to Alykanas Beach Apart-Hotel? Share your experiences!