“Our favorite in Zakynthos!”

Bekiris Family Grill House
Ranked #19 of 35 Restaurants in Alykanas
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Most restaurants in Alykanas don't really have any identity - serving a weird mixture of british, greek and whatever else stuff.
But this place is NOT pretending anything it is not. It is a small family run bistro with friendly atmosphere and good food. Nothing really fancy, but we liked it the most.
Very good gyros for a great price and every evening something special. Just simple and tasty...

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I accidentally passed with my woman outside from the grill when I saw that it had lamb in the spit. Thus we decided to seat and to order the lamb that was still cooked in the spit.Unfortunately this was our devastating error, When they served the roasted lamb in our table it was almost cold, the meat was dry and almost black, it smelled bad and as soon as we tryed it, we felt a disgusting taste. The potatoes that accompanied the dish they were sour and had moldy flavor. We asked the owener of the grill in order to compain but unfortunately his behavior was unacceptable. In the end he said to us that "you do not know how to eat roast lamb". After all what happened, we left the food, we paid the bill in total (big error) and left. After we returned in the hotel I felt symptoms of poisoning. Thus I went to the police station of the region where I submitted written protest. After this discomfort I recommend you avoid the above tavern as "the devil the incense"

Reviewed 11 July 2014

If you just want a light meal or something to take away when you're in Alykanas, then visit Bekiris. Try their chicken gyros with some some added chilli sauce - very tasty and extremely good value at only 2 euros. A family run establishment that's been around a long time and you can understand why. Very friendly people and great food!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

As well as the usual giros etc Bekiris also has proper meals too and their lamb and pork on the spit is absolutely delicious,cooked to perfection with sides of fresh salad. They now have tables set out the back of the property and it is becoming a very popular place for lunch and evening meals and drinks.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

My wife ordered the Chicken Zande (the special last night) the chicken was RAW in the middle..I mentioned it to the waiter..he returned 5mins later and all they had done was put it in the microwave..AVOID AT ALL COSTS

2  Thank Dean R