Danny's Hotel
US$89
US$85
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsgreek nightpool barfull montynext yeargreat holidaydannys barnothing is too much troublemain baryear after yeartwo weeksquieter poolfor making our holidaytoilet rollfamily runfree shotsquiz nightolive groves
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Just returned from a week here.
As others have mentioned, the beds are hard. However the rooms are clean.
Yannis likes to make sure that everybody is happy and will go out of his way to ensure that everything is done to give you a great holiday..
Charlotte at the pool bar is an asset to this place and her people skills are fantastic as she runs the front of house.
The food and drink prices are very reasonable and a lot of things are cheaper than nearby restaurants.
At busy periods be prepared to wait a while for your food though !
The supermarket is open till really late and has everything that you need again at reasonable prices.
Air conditioning will cost you 6 euros per day and a safe deposit box is 12 euros per week.
Alykanas has plenty to offer with lots of good places to eat . Try Vrisaki just over the road front Danny's or Vagis next door to the Indian / Chinese.
All in all a good holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool view on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Well what to say? Just returned from two weeks at Dannys and it is difficult to put into words what an amazing time we all had. My husband and myself had taken my disabled mum on her first ever holiday abroad and everyone there honestly catered to her needs so well. Yiannis you done us very proud a big thank you to you, Charlotte and the team for an exceptional and unforgettable holiday. Also to Stelios, Joanna, Christos and Jason thanks to you all too. Can`t wait to return.Overall we were a group of eight ranging from10 to 77 and none of us can express the wonderful time we had amazing, awesome, chilled, there are no words to do this piece of heaven justice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Just returned from a two week holiday at dannys. The rooms were in good condition, cleaned regularly and all staff were really friendly, my only complaint is that the water in the quiet pool turned our brand new swimwear yellow not to mention our skin and hair .our skin and hair was okay after showering but our swimwear is ruined. We chose not to mention this to the owner but know that he would have resolved this issue as he was very helpful to my brother and sister in law who had a problem unrelated to the hotel. The food at the hotel is lovely and good value and overall we had a very enjoyable holiday, so much so that we have booked already for july 2015.

Room Tip: Rooms near bar overlooking quiet pool can be noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ian m
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Spent two weeks here July/August, a group of ten. We booked this holiday on the basis of trip advisor reviews and we are so glad we did. Transfer from airport only 30 mins. The rooms are better than other 3 star S/C we have stayed in before, fairly modern and VERY clean. Beds a little hard, but this is easily resolved with a mattress topper (kindly organised by Yannis). Yannis and the staff were excellent, Charlotte did a great job at the pool bar and we were welcomed every evening by Stelios and the staff in Dannys bar. The location of the hotel is great, only 2 minutes to the main 'strip' 10 minute walk to the beach and 10-15 minutes walk into Alykes which we did a few times. The hotel has two pools, one is quieter and we spent most of our time around that one as there was never any beds at the main pool, this is very frustrating when people put towels out at 6am then don't come down to use them until lunchtime! Not Yannis fault though and I guess you get this wherever you go. Food at the pool bar was good value and the homemade coleslaw is AMAZING! The Greek night was good value and great for the kids to get involved. Whilst I rate the hotel itself a 4 star on the review, Yannis gets a 5. He went above and beyond during our stay, helping us organise a special restaurant for our friend to propose to his partner, he even took us there in his car the day before to look at the place, and when I was poorly he drove me to the pharmacy in the nearest village. He is a great guy. Top recommendation for the holiday would be to eat at Shoestrings, overlooking the ocean, perfect romantic setting and great food. 15 mins walk or get a horse and cart for 10 euro. I can see why people return here year after year, a hotel is only as good as the people who serve you in it and that's what makes Dannys so good. Thanks Yannis and the team, may see you again in the future!

Room Tip: Room overlooking main pool would be my preference, we stayed in 211 which was great.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LondonTraveller100
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

It's 9th August 2014 and I'm currently sat at the poolside of Danny's hotel on our final afternoon here of a 2 week holiday writing this review.

Danny's Hotel and indeed the resort of Alykanas has been absolutely everything we wanted in our holiday for my wife and I and our two boys (6 & 3).

Yannis and Charlotte in particular have been brilliant around the pool bar during the day and honourable mention to Joanna at Danny's Bar. We have been made to feel incredibly welcome. Chatting to people around the hotel it does seem that lots and lots of people come back here year after year and it's easy to understand why. So much so, in fact that after breakfast at Danny's this morning I whipped my iPhone out and booked again for another 2 weeks next summer. Yannis mentioned that they are already 80% booked up for next summer, so I thought I'd better hurry!

This has certainly been my favourite holiday since having kids.

Pool bar food is extremely reasonably priced and very filling. Nice atmosphere around the pool during the day and we enjoyed a drink at Danny's Bar in the evening while the boys played.

Rooms, in our experience, were basic (as expected) but spacious. Bins emptied every day and linen/towels a couple of times per week.

If you'd asked me a month ago, I'd have told you that I'm not the sort of person to ever return somewhere on holiday, I prefer to explore new places. Danny's has made me re-evaluate that. Perfect size, perfect distance from the resort centre, just a really great place. Can't wait to return here in a years time.

Stayed: August 2014