All reviews greek breakfast shallow end pool and bar area snacks and drinks changed every day rooms are small club sandwich plenty of sunbeds lovely pool would stay again every morning bars and restaurants next year stakis bins saki zante
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Stayed here with my partner for 10 days beginning of september and so glad we did! we arrived on an early flight and were welcomed with a nice cold complimentary drink.we knew that we couldnt check in till later in the day,so had come prepared with swimming stuff on hand,there was a lovely clean shower/changing room to use so within minutes quick change and in the fantastic pool we went ,what joy.
The owners sakis and tina provide a lovely bar menu so by the time we had had a swim and some lunch our room was ready perfect....
Greek rooms can be basic and these are no exception ,rooms were small and basic and out dated but, the owners have only been here for a short time and have already done wonders with the place so updating the rooms are next on the list.saying that ,the rooms are clean and have everything you need ,the shower is basic but the water pressure is great and water hot all times of the day !! we payed extra for aircon which we were glad of.
The pool and bar area is great big covered seating area with fans keep you cool on a hot afternoon especially with a cold beer in your hand and plenty of beds around the pool if you want to catch the rays.The bar and pool area are both spotlessly clean and well maintained as is the toilets and pool shower areas.
The apartments are in a great location 10 mins slow walk to the right is the beautiful sandy beach which is never to crowded and has sea that you can paddle in up to your knees for miles(slight exageration but you get my drift lol)lots of bars sighted along the beachside and watersports in the bay.Take a left and you are just around the corner from supermarkets bars and tavernas so you can take your pick!

We cant say enough good things about sakis and tina (and have got to say what a lovely little girl they have)Nothing was to much trouble and we felt very welcome they made a good holiday memorable,Keep up the good work and hope to see you again .

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank lyll63
Reviewed 12 September 2016

I have been all over the Greek islands over many years so I know what basic is. However the zante nest apartments are the worst apartments/studios I have ever seen. I read many reviews before booking and all raved about them apart from one or two, I assumed these people were not used to basic Greek, how wrong I was. On arrival (after a 5 a.m flight) first impressions were good. The entrance,the pool and bar looked fab. Then we were shown our 'apartment'. We had asked for twin beds, as we were two women, nope it was a double bed, in a room approx 8ft.by 9ft, with a wardrobe and dressing table. It was so small, we couldn't get passed each other and there was no room for our cases. The kitchen was behind the bedroom wall and was so small, the fridge was turned sideways in order to open the door,unbelievable! Then on to the bathroom. The door didn't shut, the shower tray was rusty and the taps were were so rusted it was almost impossible to turn them on. I know they are undergoing renovations and like I said the pool,bar and entrance were lovely, but no matter what renovations they do,they cannot make them any bigger and in my opinion are only suitable for single people. I could go on about trying to get our money back and finding other accommodation, but it's not pertinent to this review. Suffice to say, we moved out. I cannot believe people think these apartments are acceptable

Room tip: There are none
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2016

I have a little mixed review for this place which sadly didn't start well. We arrived to a quite hotel at 6am to find no staff on site and very dark. After wandering around, calling the number outside which turns out to be for a different hotel, no contact. Eventually at 8am members of staff arrived after we sat out side for 2 hours. We had prebooked our room from the night before so we assumed it would be ready however we went put in another room as it was claimed"ours was not ready". Turns out they had double booked our room and someone else was in it! I wasn't impressed but eventually we got into our actual room the following day with free aircon for 1 night.

The pool/bar area are very well kept and very quiet which was perfect for us. Plenty of sunbeds and lots of toys and things for kids to use in the swimming pool which I thought was lovely.

Breakfast was ok, not the best. It was very british and I would have quite liked to have more greek options available.Plenty of drink choices from the bar which is very deserted in the evening. Most nights we were the only guests there!

The rooms are basic just what you expect in Greece and perfect for their use however the kitchen and bathroom area need some upgrading as they are very old. The shower was cold most days too (lovely for the very hot days we had!). The bins are emptied everyday but bedding and towels only once during the week.

Owners seemed lovely and nothing was too much trouble from them. They work very hard especially the cleaner. I'm peased we stayed here as it was a lovely little place in a busy area with a 5 minute walk to the beach and the best restrauant in alykanas opposite. It just a shame about the booking mistakes and having to sit outside for a long time to check in especially as I had emailed several times to make them aware of our arrival time and was assured someone would be there to meet us.

I think with some TLC this place will become a little gem and I certainly would stay again next time I come to Zante.

Room tip: Room 1 is lovely. Room 11 isn't!
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

When I arrived with my 2 teenage sons I was shown a room that had 2 single beds pushed together and was told we were to share it !! Room was tiny and was no where near the family room I payed for !!
When I told the owner we could not stay in that room as it wasn't equipped for 3 people he shrugged his shoulders and said he had nothing else.
Thankfully our holiday was saved and we were moved by travel agents.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Rhiannon J
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend have just got back from our stay here.
We checked in with no issues and our room was in the main building facing the street. The room was basic and dated but had all the facilities we needed. As others have said, the owners are still updating it so they're doing a great job so far.
The room was clean, someone changed the bins everyday and fresh towels and bedding were given every 3 days (I don't imagine it would have been an issue to ask for more if needed)
Air con is available as an extra although we were OK with the fan provided.
Everything else was spot on - food was excellent, we had cooked breakfasts everyday and fresh salads and fruit for lunch. Food and drinks were reasonably priced with plenty of choice.
The pool really is fantastic, we spent a lot of time here. It was always quiet with lovely surrounding areas so it was very relaxing.
The service is second to none, nothing was too much. We were always made to feel welcome, and there was always a good atmosphere. When we left, we were able to keep the room until transport picked us up which is rare. We had hugs goodbye and the parting gifts were a nice touch.
All in all, this place really gave us everything we wanted for our holiday. We're definitely coming again and can't wait to see what they do in the future.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah H